HybridZ

Wtf Did I Race Tonight?!?!?!?

240ZR

Rolled Up on a BRAND NEW with paper plates RX-8.... though he was a total ricer, Kid didn't look more then 20-21, Nice wheels, some light body kit, he rev'd on me (i though it was a lawn mower at first), i humoured him and gave it a big rev on the small block, he kept looking over and made it seem like he was trying not to laugh.... kinda pissed me off but i knew i was going to stomp him when the light turned. Instead he kept up with me and by the time we hit the freeway on ramp I was in 3rd next thing i know the Rx-8 takes off, I dumped it into 4th and just cried as the RX-8 Pulled away at 110+....

Is there some new Turbo kit for the them? (I didn't hear the turbo whine, or tell tail BOV sounds) Better Factory Set up? something i missed with the Mazda Crowd? or did this kid have money to burn on the most bad asses sleeper I've seen in a long time? (god paper plates = Good Sleeper Potential)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:nono: yes I know No more street racing...... :nono:

I just have poor Umm impulse controll... maybe I ought to get a car that attracts less attention... anyone got some fairly rusted 14 pannels and maybe a hood that is rusted through or has holes?

Where is that page about how crappy street racing is?

Who ever made it did the math and...if someone takes off early enough before you do, you have very little to no chance of keeping up , catching up, and especially passing, unless you have a monstrous amount of power over the other person....

does anyone know the page i'm talking about? i've been after it for a while ....

I would like to open up a public fee for hire track that was designed to look like a city street complete with big potholes and old american cars randomly jetison out onto the track. The kicker is I would change it up constantly and sometimes throw tire puncturing debris or sand onto the course.

My question is: Do think anyone racing on the course would sue me if they crashed and damaged their car or got injured?

Sorry to hear about the race with the RX-8. I have driven it and its nothing special i mean as far as reving it very high and switching gears at the high rev since its the ONLY normal rotary that wont brake on you. But i might be wrong since there was so many banged up Rx-8 at the service lot, i would allmost say there is more of then then Evos at the Miysubishi dealer ship service lot. I highlly doubt that it might of had a turbo, but i might be wrong. The rx-8 just really opened up after about 90-100 and since you mentioned that it took off at around 110 probably if 4th he was pulling away because its just so light including the motor.

Well lets see... I bet you could search many threads and find where many of us (Yes most of us) have run through the gears at a little stop light to stop light action. I'm not advocating street racing, but know how it is to "lose control of that impulse".

Bottom line is to pick your battles and your times to do battle... And if you get caught, well what all these other guys are saying is true. You'll likely lose the car, and have serious fines, maybe pull some jail time, and god knows what the military provost marshall will do to you...

If memory serves me, I believe the 350 in this particular car isn't a real beast of a motor, which might explain why he beat you. The RX8 with a mild boost kit runs pretty quick, and probably turns low 13s to mid 12s, depending on the setup...

Mike

If memory serves me, I believe the 350 in this particular car isn't a real beast of a motor, which might explain why he beat you. The RX8 with a mild boost kit runs pretty quick, and probably turns low 13s to mid 12s, depending on the setup...

Mike

His profile says he's doing 11's at 125 mph. That's a bit of a beast 350 in my book.

That's crazy that he beat you and that he looked down on your car like that. We're in a different era that's for sure. Well you all are, around here hardly anything is fast (in that I include myself). I have only seen one street car here that I know will run 10's.

zgad's 2jz z is streetable and runs NINES.

I've seen stock rx-8's run 14.9's to 15.1 Even a strong turbo kit wouldn't kit it into the 11's maybe high 12's. It would have been something special or your car might be down on power. How sure are you that it was an rx-8. Maybe another car with a body kit or... Just wondering?