HybridZ

LS2 Dyno Results!

I went to Dynotune the Z.The tuner could'nt get he's pc to plug with the ecu,Something to do with the plugs not matching he's.So all he did is the basic tune run,Even though is not off by much he said he could get it up a little.

I will post up the video tonight!

datsun.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How hard is it to get those engines to spin to 7K? Looks like you'd be over the hp hump a little farther and could really stay on that top power peak if you could get the extra 500 rpm.

DAMN NICE looking dyno graph regardless. Look at the freakin torque curve!!! :2thumbs:

Good god.. that may be one of the most beautiful torque curves Ive ever seen. Hope you have some money saved for tires ;)

- Greg -

My garage looks like a tire shop.....j/k

I got some slick's for the track and I will get some dragradials for everyday driving, On summers at least.

Guest Crispy Chicken

Six Second Turbo LS1 Camaro

On the dyno, the engine made 1,697 hp with 30 psi of boost using a pair of 88mm turbos Urban says were too big. “The turbos were surging and we could only get it to run to 7,500 rpm. We put it in the car and resized the turbos to 80mm, and now we’re making 32 pounds and shifting it at 8,800-8,900 rpm. We’re making about 1,900 hp, and we have a 0.060-inch nitrous jet to spool the turbos.â€

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hdrp_0511_drag_racing_ls1_chevy_camaro/

They got that thing spinning pretty high...

Derek

As usual I need to caveate my statement above... You can spin it that high, but for how long... You can extend that lifespan with the right parts geometrically, but you'll still break them.

As comparison there's a TSB out on valve springs in the new LS7 motors in the Z06... They're chewing up springs when sustained high RPMs are experienced. Doing a few dyno runs won't hurt it... 12 30-minute track day sessions will kill them in a hurry.

Mike

its hella easy to spin the motors to 7k. on 97-00 LS1s you just need to replace the rodbolts, and on 01-04 LS1s and LS2s you dont have to do anything

this is assuming you have put a cam in it that needs 7k, and therefore you would be putting new valve springs in it. the Comp 912s are what all the race cars use, but the PRC gold valve springs that i use are lots cheaper and suppose to be sufficent. with a double coil spring an LSx could run at 8k for hours on end with 0 problems