HybridZ

Hit 460whp!! Dyno Graph . . .

Garrett76Zt

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the late reply guys . . . I just got back from ZFest in Orlando and I'm exhausted. Car made a nice little 300mile round trip with a few butt kickings along the way (poor z32 TT's). I WILL have some vids up very soon!

wow...the dyno shop must love your credit card provider...lol...but seriously good job! i take it that u wont be daily driving with that setting right?

When the car comes off the dyno thats what it stays at. One of the big reasons I run meth injection.

I really thought that much HP was not possible with the stock cam and head. Great job!

I really didnt either at first, I've just been making little changes here and there and tuning, tuning, tuning . . .

How do you get a 3.0 motor, just bore it. Thats not a strocker right? What kind of forged pistons do you have?

its 2.9xxx I'm using 9mm 240 rods and I bored the block .080 over (88mm Ross Forged pistons)

Oh and, thats the most hp from an L6 right??

I'm pretty sure TimZ has me beat by a WAYS . . .

BTW, that AFR is too lean to be safe for pump gas and meth inj, IMO.

Yes, please disregard the AFR's on that chart, the shop wideband is on the fritz or something as it reads more than a point lean at times. I just datalogged with my LM-1.

Great numbers......we need the vids!

Clive

The vids are on the way. . .

awesome numbers Garrett, congratulations. Sorry I didn't get back to you about the ka24 stuff, I have been too busy lately to do anything.

No worries, I'm just picking things up here and there.

What are the details of your methanol injection? I might switch to ethanol as several plants are producing it locally and will sell it in 55gallon drums at minimum.

I'm using a setup from Alkycontrol.com

IMO and others on this board, this is the best Methanol injection setup available. They took care of all the details and customer support is top notch.

I'm using a setup from Alkycontrol.com

IMO and others on this board, this is the best Methanol injection setup available. They took care of all the details and customer support is top notch.

Yup, stated that several times but I am sure many ignored it since the owner is a buddy of mine or maybe it cost too much. You want the best, this is it. The results speak for itself.

Thats some great numbers there Garrett!!. Now its time to break into the 10s and hopfully not just break!.. Amaizing that you hit 11.2s with 417rwhp and now with the 460 it is time to seek traction and get a 2 step.. but you already know this..heh. Vid was great too. Hope you can come up to pat peck again..

Gabe

yowza... now that is a serious serious Z..

congrads my man..

now are you just being stubborn.. or trying to max out the horsepower on a stock head?! porting and a new cam would do wonders.. i see 500rwhp coming up!

also.. i know your sprayin meth in .. but are you running 91 octane or 110 as primary fuel?

Very nice numbers, your car is probably a little faster than my 84! I really need to look into that methanol injection...

Well from the looks of our timeslips I'd say i gotcha by 4 tenths already . . .:wink:

Heres to 40 more horses!

now are you just being stubborn.. or trying to max out the horsepower on a stock head?! porting and a new cam would do wonders.. i see 500rwhp coming up!

also.. i know your sprayin meth in .. but are you running 91 octane or 110 as primary fuel?

No I'm not really trying to be stubborn, I'm just trying to choose my mods carefully. I want to spend money on the things that will carry over in the event of a motor change. At this point I'm not sure what the next move is going to be. I've got a Twin Turbo VG motor sitting on a stand in the garage that I'd like to start playing with in the near future. I really need to just focus on getting the car setup a little better at this point. Next will be some MT 235/60/15 DR's and a twostep to get me outta the hole faster. Afterall dyno numbers are worthless without application. However I have thought about looking for somebody wanting to get rid of a set of upgraded valve springs just so i can rev a tad longer without throwing rocker arms . . . :shock:

I am running 93 pump gas BTW.

Yup, stated that several times but I am sure many ignored it since the owner is a buddy of mine or maybe it cost too much. You want the best, this is it. The results speak for itself.

i dont think it costs too much for what you get personally, he is the most helpful person for support with these kits too. i dont see how anyone with a fast street car would be without one.