HybridZ

Write descriptive titles... PLEASE!

JMortensen

I'm looking at the main forum page and seeing the following threads:

V8 section: Thoughts on this:

6 Cylinder: How about a little teaser

Fabrication: Can someone help?

These are horrible thread titles, folks. I had to open all of these threads to figure out what they were about. This kind of stuff makes it that much harder to find what you want with the search function. When you're searching you will have NO CLUE as to what is in these threads at all. PLEASE take everyone into consideration and write descriptive titles. I'm going to try and fix these threads in the meantime.

I'm looking at the main forum page and seeing the following threads:

V8 section: Thoughts on this:

6 Cylinder: How about a little teaser

Fabrication: Can someone help?

These are horrible thread titles, folks. I had to open all of these threads to figure out what they were about. This kind of stuff makes it that much harder to find what you want with the search function. When you're searching you will have NO CLUE as to what is in these threads at all. PLEASE take everyone into consideration and write descriptive titles. I'm going to try and fix these threads in the meantime.

Good call Jon!!!!

Tom

Guest 280ZForce

This needs to be a sticky for all forums!

couldnt agree more...even if it makes it a lengthy title, then so be it. i dont know how many times i've searched for hours trying to find specifics because I had to open up each thread that was very vague in title.

Good call indeed!

I agree. Why is it that people don't understand how important titles are? Spelling is a huge issue too. If they misspell key words, even good titles are useless.

Maybe we need another moderator who only checks/corrects things like this. That's a full time job though.

I agree. Why is it that people don't understand how important titles are? Spelling is a huge issue too. If they misspell key words, even good titles are useless.

Maybe we need another moderator who only checks/corrects things like this. That's a full time job though.

Ok...OK.. I know I can't spell, but I'll work on it.

No offense, big-phil. That iz if yoo doo missspill werdz. We all MazKe Miskrates, affter alll.

We should all use spell check and, as JON points out, post with descriptive titles.

I try to do that always...very good point. I get frustrated when I get told to search for something and I can't find what I am looking for since the title of the thread is completely non-descript. Sort of makes it hard to find the wealth of information that is on HybridZ.

Anyway good point and everyone should follow this guideline...

I seem to remember a thread a few months back about the same or a similar problem.