HybridZ

my SEMA Pics

2003z

What a blast! We walked 7.5 hours the first day and about 4 the 2nd, and still don't know if I saw everything! It really is overwhelming once you get there. I think there are about 18 miles of aisles overall!

Met up with Mikelly, I think it took about an hour for us to just find each other!

Check out the hybrid volvo wagon in the imports section. Its a very nice old wagon with a 5 cylinder current turbo engine.

SEMA Pictures

What is with those clear wheels? Are they like really thick lexan or something?

I think they are glass. They looked like it, with kind of a green tint through the edge like real glass. about 1/2" think at least on the car wheels.other_%289%29.jpg

this is easily one of my favorite cars of all time

i see it e verywhere

normal_imports_%2818%29.jpg

does security or whatever give you crap a bout having cameras?

the paint on this merc is sex. not sexy. it's pure sex.

normal_imports_%2820%29.jpg

mmm aonther R34

normal_imports_%2829%29.jpg

i love the rear end of this G35

normal_imports_%2841%29.jpg

mine's R34 skeetskeetskeet

normal_imports_%2844%29.jpg

another pic of those clear wheels. weird.

normal_other_%287%29.jpg

i have to admit..I would never mess with this car. ^_^

normal_domestic_%2848%29.jpg

the paint on this merc is sex. not sexy. it's pure sex.

normal_imports_%2820%29.jpg

What is funny is, right before I left for SEMA, I redid a spare set of calipers in neon orange because I wanted to see how they would look, and since its Halloween and I have a track day this weekend and was changing out the pads anyways, I figured, why not??? :D

It will be back to Monterey Red in a week or 2, they are a little too flashy for daily use.

I thought I was original, but at SEMA I saw 2 different flat black CLS's and 3 other cars with neon orange. (none as nice as mine, of course! ;) )

orange003smalldw4.jpg

orange004smallnq6.jpg

orange001sq8.jpg

Nice pics Mike! I wanted to see more pics of th laydies though!

most weren't that great or provocative, at least while we were there, sorry.

That Volvo was really cool. I think it was one of my favorites too.

It will be interesting to see Mikekelly's photos when he gets back. His camera died and he had to leave to get a new one, so hopefully he has some good shots. I know I've looked at a couple of other peoples photos and seen new things myself.

Mike,

Can we move the 2000GT from Domestics over to Imports :)

I was thinking that too. What was the deal with that thing, by the way? What product could they possibly have been hawking for such a limited production car? Is someone finally offering a re-body kit to turn a Z into one of those?

I was thinking that too. What was the deal with that thing, by the way? What product could they possibly have been hawking for such a limited production car? Is someone finally offering a re-body kit to turn a Z into one of those?

Nahh it was probably in the Toyota booth.

AND would you think Nissan would have a 240Z in their booth??? NOPE it's all about the new junkx the three-fiddy-zeess. :(

Yup, I took over 1000 pics... And about 250 pics of the Girls of SEMA. I didn't have my wife with me, so I pretty much shot pics of every girl on display.

Someone commented about the camera use. They had a section on the form that stated that you could use your camera unless a vendor said "NO PICTURES". Then you had to stand down. I took over 1000 shots in about 11 hours, and walked every booth inside, and all of the displays out front. But I was so rushed that I didn't truly get to enjoy it.

Mike, It was good meeting you and your wife... I'll let you know how those calipers turn out on John's Blue C6. We're bolting them on this Sunday!

Mikelly

• 3 weeks later...