HybridZ

Any World of Warcrack nerds here?

auxilary

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played for 4 months, took a break, played for 3 more... and I have stayed away for the past 4 months or so. Fun for a while if you have existing friends to play with, or get in with one of the rare guilds that isnt full of kids and/or drama. After a while, the costs of playing (real-world, and virtual) add up. I just got tired of trying to stay geared up while people with either no job, or the willingness to spend big money on gold transfers enjoyed all the new content. I also began to feel like the game was getting stale... after getting revered in the BG's and farming Molten Core.... it just wasnt exciting, even if it was "New". Probably the most fun I had was in a BG Raid group... Now I just want to devote similar time and attention to my Z = )

tannji

Anybody catch that WoW South Park a few weeks back?

Stan to Stan's Dad: "Go away Rtrd!"

Stan's dad to self: "I'm not a Rtrd...."

Classic! Aux, if you haven't seen it, you might enjoy www.nuklearpower.com. this guy in Orlando does a webcomic using characters from the original Final Fantasy NES game called "8-bit theatre". Just go to the archive link on the left of the page and start at number one.

That southpark episode was funny...I knew the name world of warcraft, but until that southpart episode i didn't know what it was all about. I have a playstation 2 but it just collects dust now. Grand theft auto San Andreas was the Sh*%, but i'd rather work on my bike or somthing than play video games anymore. The only online game I played was that socom army game, that was kinda fun for awhile..

I'd say those games do a heck of a lot more than just replace TV, they own you for months on end, you don't have to eat, or sleep, you think about it constantly, you dream about it, you go out and all you can think about is playing again. It robs you of a life, it robs you of friends, it robs you of free time, you pray to get sick so you can stay home all day and play, you barely know if it's 6pm or 6am half the time and you are sore as hell for sitting down for 16 horus straight.

And it's totally worth it...

Which is why I have refused to play for the last 3 months... until SPORE hits, or something better. Well, ok it wasn't cold turkey by choice really, I'm going back to college, again, and I have 0 time to do anything but study. Studing is almost as fun, at least I'm not bored. Boredom is the bane of a gammer's existence, because a lot like drug addiction, you need to be on or you crash. Crashing sux.

Brandon is right. You eat sleep and ♥♥♥♥ those games once you get rollin.

I haf to walk awayor I'd never have a real life, lol. Some poeple live the culture.. A bunch of game obsessed nerds playing games and talking about how hot the game chicks were made me sick.. Life my ass, i walked away.

Started in UO, 4 years of my life to that game. 40+ hours a week.. was rediculous. I was one of the best, dont get me wrong (sorry, ego..) then moved to Shadowbane.. ToC by god, best and the best, untouchable and never lost an even fight in 3 years of playin. Then WoW.. Bah.

dorks

"Let he who is without sin fire the first salvo"...or something like that. Brandon, you should know better than to say something like that around nerds of our caliber...let the blasting begin!

BAM!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=77516522

(b_sosick's myspace page)

POW!

th_867092382_l.jpg

(dorks like to use photoshop on occasion with pictures that they steal from people's myspace pages)

"Let he who is without sin fire the first salvo"...or something like that. Brandon, you should know better than to say something like that around nerds of our caliber...let the blasting begin!

BAM!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=77516522

(b_sosick's myspace page)

POW!

th_867092382_l.jpg

(dorks like to use photoshop on occasion with pictures that they steal from people's myspace pages)

PWN!!! lol