Post your photography!!

tfreer85

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, some of you guys really blow me away. DavidK, your work is astounding. Let the pros go suck on a steaming hot cockatoo...

And braap, you're no slouch yourself. If I just keep posting comments about everyone's work I'll be here typing out another one of my super long posts. So I'll just say I havn't seen a bad photographer yet amongst you guys so far. So I'll set a new bar... a low bar that is. I'll take the fall as the worst on the site :D

One morning a chevy van ran into my friends neighbor's house. We'd been up all night playing computer games in his back yard... Somehow he fit through all the cars parked. And well, the picture says the rest.

1px4.jpg

2gg4.jpg

Some pictures my bro took when we were in hawaii. Taken by a camera that was $100 5 years ago. I can't remember what it was. The ones above where a fugifilm and I can't remember the model. S500 or something?

3eb8.jpg

4ly1.jpg

5ur3.jpg

Maybe I'll post more later, but I should spare the real pros here the pain.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 280ZForce

OK, I'll make my 1st post of pics in this thread...they are not perfect and I'm still learning. Constructive criticism/tips/pointers are appreciated.

I talk to David K a lot and he is a personal friend of mine. I always loved taking pictures and bring my camera everywhere I go, but Dave has shown me a new passion for my photographs and I thank him for that. *Dave I look forward to that trip to New Orleans soon...get cracking on planning it*

You all have some amazing pics, in time I will get as good as you all. But for now I'll live with my point and shoot which has done an amazing job for me so far and I know it can get better.

Canon S2 IS

I took these of a friend of mine my 1st time actually trying to take pics seriously and her 1st time in front of the camera. And she is super shy.

IMG_2461a.jpg

IMG_2476a.jpg

IMG_2498a.jpg

IMG_2521a.jpg

IMG_2547a.jpg

Something I saw driving around Long Beach w/ David K...

IMG_2815a.jpg

My New Canon S3 IS:

My friend's dad's new Harley...

IMG_0068a.jpg

1/24th scale diecast Dodge Viper and Jada Toys prototype Datsun 240z...

IMG_0268a.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

1st time really using the cam I took it out to the 2nd Hybrid Z meet I've held and the D1 Grand Prix Drift Finals... stupid big mesh wire fence in the way, raining all day, and people walking in front of me made a harsh day though.

IMG_0318a.jpg

IMG_0321a.jpg

IMG_0441a.jpg

IMG_0477b.jpg

IMG_0480b.jpg

IMG_0482b.jpg

IMG_0510b.jpg

IMG_0526b.jpg

IMG_0538a.jpg

Here is an 11 exposure HDR I took of the lone Cypress in Carmel. I try to keep my HDR stuff looking fairly realistic and not washed out. I was able to keep the highlights and the dark spots in this one. I have a D50 so it has to all be done manually. The second shot is in Hunter's Point San Francisco. It was shot at noon and the tunnel would have been completely black with the houses blown out, but with 11 shots I got the full light range and tweaked it to look like it did when I shot it. The train snuck into one of my under exposed shots and I decided to leave it in and thought it came out pretty well. With the new baby I haven't had a lot of time to get out shooting, but I just got a new Nikon VR zoom lens and am itching to play with it.

164705193_5621ce0b45_b.jpg

144902348_3287d8f903_b.jpg

The texture on the top of the train would almost lead me to believe it was CG. I'm glad you left it in there. I consider myself well educated when it comes to catching flaws with 3D work, and being able to see the lines between real and CG. So fooling me is no easy feat.

I'll keep this short but I thought I'd throw in why I thought it was CG at first glance.

1)The red is quite vibrant and screams fake lighting to me.

2)Overall the texture of the top looks milky as though it's gone through render filtering.

3) The way the bricks at the tunnel entrance cast a shadow on it struck me as odd. Don't know why.

Superb work in my eyes. If that WAS CG it would be top notch, and to capture something by accident seems amazing to me.

...The second shot is in Hunter's Point San Francisco. It was shot at noon and the tunnel would have been completely black...

What the heck are you doing in the Bayview?? That's the tunnel by Carr, Salinas, and Gilman right? It's the Bayview District I'm pretty sure---Hunter's Point is more northeast. Do you work out there? I'm in the area since I work for the mortgage arm of a lending institution, but not by choice. Great photo BTW. If you want some excellent graffiti, try the walls under the 280/101 interchange off of Alemany at the "flea market" parking area. You can't miss it if you are on Alemany coming from industrial---I thought it would be the best place to photograph a cool looking Z.

Davy

It's actually the tunnel at Williams between Reddy and Dianna. The houses are on Thornton which is right between the Bayview and HP. I am a commercial plumbing estimator and one of my clients has their office right there. I had seen the tunnel a bunch of times and wanted to shoot it. I know the graffiti you are talking about, I used to drop a co-worker off down my there a while back and he would always kid me about being in the neighborhood. I've been looking for a spot to shoot my car with the new wheels, maybe that would work. I have a little bit of a drive to get up there though. I live in Santa Clara but my office is in South San Fran.

zguy, have you tried tone mapping software like Photomatix? It makes HDR look really good. Are the shots of the Civic done in camera?