tfreer85

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators
Hey ron...I get first ride when you are certified to fly...

I am a certificated pilot... fixed wing that is (so's BRAAP).

And I can crate up my car so you can carry it back to your place with your 2 seater heli with the Z strapped to the landing gear...:-D

That way you can install my EMS and BRAAP can work some magic...:-D

Come on up... we'll take you for a really nice flight. Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens, Columbia Gorge, Multnomah Falls are all with in minutes.

I was up in oregon for 2 weeks last summer but I didn't even mention it because I was pretty sure I wouldn't be close to anyone (klamath falls i think it was?).

Some day I'd love to see braap's projects in person. The flying thing is cool too :D

I shoot film.

don't have the means to spend money on digital yet, as I'd rather spend it on my car.

I don't take pics as often as I'd like to, because I don't take time to do it, but here are some pictures i've taken from the 2006 Toronto Auto show.

they have not been photoshopped, or spot cleaned. that's why you see dust. they are only colour corrected once they are brought in from the CD I get from walmart. =)

camaro_front_emblem.jpg

gm_concept_grille.jpg

carrera_diffuser.jpg

cart_mirror.jpg

cobra_concept_front_wheel.jpg

ferrari_champ_stamp.jpg

ducati_speedo.jpg

ferrari_door_sill.jpg

ferrari_headlight.jpg

ferrari_seat.jpg

ferrari_tails.jpg

Firepower_rear.jpg

bmw_moto_exhaust.jpg

lambo_headlight.jpg

mdx_hatch.jpg

I'll post some more in a sec. =)

all of these ones are digital here from a nikon d50 with a slow lense that i borrowed from a college friend (Thanks Steve!), except for the very last one in ths sunset. that was my trusty film minolta, whom I call Mr. Filmington the II. =)

20060724_026.jpg

20060724_008.jpg

20060724_063.jpg

20060724_065.jpg

20060724_070.jpg

20060724_074.jpg

20060724_092.jpg

20060724_098.jpg

20060724_102.jpg

20060724_107.jpg

F1000017copy.jpg

That's all I'm going to post. This is a hobby for me too, by the way =)

I hope anyone who's ever taken photos at the auto show or at the Skydome or Toronto Convention Center will appreciate what angles and positions I had to contort myself into while holding my tri-pod, to get those shots =)

especially since i didn't know how they'd turn out until they came back 1 week later =)

i like the first one ron =)

have you adjusted them at all in terms of colour and saturation?!

you could probably make them stand out more. the first one would look fantastic with some playing around with levels.

EDIT:

just played around with the first one, Ron. hope you don't mind.

Lake.jpg

MUCH better, thanks!

Did you only adjust the levels?

i just slightly adjusted the levels by eye, no spot-colouring tools involved.

then i lowered the saturation by about 3 points.

not much, but it just fixes the contrast issues within the reflection and the sky.

I also applied an Unsharpen Mask filter with a high threshold and a high percentage, so that it could bring out the sharpness of the trees, and not darken the edges of the water ripples.

it looks very faint when in comparison to the other, but that's only because everyone's taken the more important details in, on the first showing.

i tend to fix the small details because i think they count more, so i leave most of my pictures untouched. =)

I could still add some effects to your picture, but I like it the way it is, so I'm not gonna touch it anymore.

RON... I hope I'm not stepping on your toes with a bit of editing. This is a nice image. The adjustments were done with curves and hue/sat... both in layers to preserve integrity of the original image and for tweaking a a later date. This was obviously shot either early or late in the day so I anticipated a bit of sunset color in parts of the sky and water. This was revealed with curves adjustment and enhanced with saturation. I expect this is closer to what your "eyes" saw when you took this pic. I could be wrong though:-)

TakeOff_copy.jpg

RON... I hope I'm not stepping on your toes with a bit of editing. This is a nice image. The adjustments were done with curves and hue/sat... both in layers to preserve integrity of the original image and for tweaking a a later date. This was obviously shot either early or late in the day so I anticipated a bit of sunset color in parts of the sky and water. This was revealed with curves adjustment and enhanced with saturation. I expect this is closer to what your "eyes" saw when you took this pic. I could be wrong though:-)

Nice edit mike.

However, I think he took them closer to the morning. But that edit would have anyone fooled!

I'll be the first to say that EVERY photo ever taken on the face of the earth could use a TINY bit of adjustment, just to see certain details that aren't present in the originals that are actually there but are untapped.

even adding colour to get it to look how you took it is a good skill to have, i've found.

especially with the advent of digital revolution, and the ease of raw file usage. I think i'm going to start taking more pictures before I start some hardcore work on the Zee. Problem is that I Don't get enough light here when I have time to take pics =(

good job on the edit!