HybridZ

What the hell is wrong with me....

Airjockie

For years now, all that goes thru my mind is flares, wide body kits, ZG kits, spoilers, Watanabe's, wide wheels, hp, Nismo LSDs, tires with grip, wings, L28's, carbs, turbos, race clutches, paint, seats, carpets, ignition components, Haltech, Halmeter, autocross, drifting, roadrace, rollbars, cages, stereos, and toy cars...... and thats just for the Z's

Then there is the Honda's.... Same as above.... but sleeper mode.

and all that comes out of my wallet is money...:icon9:

What I end up with is 2 Datsuns, one bought prebuilt, but needs work, one I rebuilt, but still needs work, parts out of my bunghole, more parts I want to buy, more work I want to do, and I still have two other cars that have mega-potential that I built and blew up, started rebuilding, but just ended up with more parts and waiting for a decent time to slap them together...and when I do get time to do the work, I check back on the internet...and find more parts that I can barely afford...and then I research more, and find other parts to work with those parts I just looked at, and it never stops.......:icon50:

And my wife.... well, she was into it, she fed me some stuff, like shopping trips to Japan, importing rare parts, and she even baught some of the stuff for me.... And now she's getting sick of looking at the driveway with 5 cars piled up, most in beatup shape, blown engines, engines missing, my basement filled with wheels, tires, and parts, my 2 car garage filled with more parts, tools, and only one car can fit into it... And now she's not happy about the cars anymore...

The only thing I think this sickness is... is some sort of an Compulsive Adult Retentive Classic Automobile Shopping Hyperactivity Glutinous Attention Venarial Eccentric Disorder or CARCASHGAVED for short....but at least I don't have CARCASHGONE....then I would be devistated...

One shopping trip to Japan and I bring back 40 rims, a Nismo 2 way R-180 LSD, and a bag of toy cars...

adl.jpg

I think I still have over 60 rims kicking around, and I still go out and buy more...like the 15x10's and 15x12's...

DSC00437.JPG

What 6 weeks on strike does to a person....

DSC00146.JPG

DSC00262.JPG

And then had to get more rims...

aaj.jpg

DSC00001.JPG

Then the parts car I bought, but decided to beat it up after I got it running again...it runs now, and I haven't touched it.

The boosted Z monster.

And the money pit of a honda... Just the steering wheel alone was close to $700, and now I got the engine rebuilt and waiting to go in, with a bigger turbo, new suspension, 450 lb rear springs, all new carpet, and a mess of new parts for it...it will be a sleeper autocross beast...plus plenty of tires to burn from new Hoosiers to Advan A008's, with spare Advan A048s to play with.

Just a little 87 CRX SI....I promise....

And I also have an 86 Civic Si, with bad rods, but it'll be a parts car for the CRX, or I might get a hair up my butt and slap a DOHC in it and make it a sleeper daily driver.

I'd probably trade all these for a decent airworthy Cessna and something good on gas for a daily driver...The wife wants a new Subaru Outback... But my new driveway can fit 8 cars, and if I build a shed, then I might actually get two cars in the garage.... :coollook:

Plus in the last two years, I've rebuilt or done swaps on 3 other cars, and worked my butt off on my house, not to mention, rebuilding my garage from the inside out...all thats left is the siding. Plus I work 7 days a week at work building helicopters on 3rd shift 30 miles from my house....just to cover the money to pay bills and pay for the toys....

http://hondaswap.com/members-lounge/2-years-later-old-house-who-has-56k-internet-anymore-78794/

What's with all the wheels?!?!

You crazy man... you should just start shipping out presents to all the hybridz members

It's the season of giving you know ;)

At one point we had 5 Zs... my mom's coworkers thought we were a Z dealership...

I have boxes and boxes full of parts... most for ZXs... I REALLY need to move this stuff on eBay...

Mario

car foot fetish=WHEELZ

wow.....so many........WHEELZ.........

wow.

"The only thing I think this sickness is... is some sort of an Compulsive Adult Retentive Classic Automobile Shopping Hyperactivity Glutinous Attention Venarial Eccentric Disorder or CARCASHGAVED for short....but at least I don't have CARCASHGONE...".

the short diagnosis for most of us is just ADD----we just keep adding things to it to make it look more fun.............

that's why i still have 6 or 7 projects and NO garage.........

One shopping trip to Japan and I bring back 40 rims, a Nismo 2 way R-180 LSD, and a bag of toy cars...

adl.jpg

Sweet merciful crap! Feel like letting go of a set of wheels? I've been looking for a long time for just the right set!

And I thought I was bad.....geez. I have a 15x30 storage building/Shop that at one point in time held two of my three Zs, 6 sets of wheels WITH tires, two complete engines, four transmissions, several complete sets of glass (for Zs, volvos, and Hondas) and boxes and boxes of Z parts from the other 5 Zs that I've parted out over the years. Over the last two years I just started GIVING stuff away, I sat in the shop one day, looked at all my crap, and just said "screw it" I would have never used the stuff, and its just more garbage to move and store at each new city. Totally fun at the time, but I refuse to let my possessions posses me. In the end though it was worth it as I've been able to help several Z people out with parts, local club members, and members here at HybridZ. Plus I managed to totally finance my turbo 240 project by selling some of my harder to find items on Ebay.

so...just let me know when your ready to let go of a set of wheels! :)

I've been trying to sell all the wheels, and the ones I have left over or just the ones that I'm prolly asking too much for...

http://www.ctdrifting.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2199

And the red one is also mine...it's the drift slut.

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/v/airjockie/album512/

On the white one, I got rid of the gnose, and it was hit in the rear, plus it was raced for about 7 years, so it's way past retirement, and prolly not structurally safe for the street...but I want to toss a few more events it's way and see how it does. Then I'll strip it and find another Z to put it in, or use it to upgrade the red Z.

I think I still have over 60 rims kicking around, and I still go out and buy more...like the 15x10's and 15x12's...

DSC00437.JPG

What are you asking for these rims? You really do need a yard sale! lol

I'll be happy to help you make some room in the shop. Just send me a decent set of 15' wheels. I like the gold mesh or anything shiny.. maybe a front spoiler, ok if its got a little rash or cracked.. If theres any stray chevy stuff you stumbled up on throw it ina box and send it my way. I'm HAPPY to help!!:D:rolleyesg:violin:

You gonna buy tires for them and then sell? Or use for a while then sell....

I'm not sure yet, if they do the job with some decent tires, and drive nice...then I might keep them... If not, then they might just end up as show wheels and get sold with the cars when I get tired of them..

And I'm planning another trip to Japan near the end of March...I'll have my tax return, 3 weeks vacatation pay, and I might get a credit card. I lived over there for 7.5 years, I know the places to get parts, and a few contacts to get other parts...

I do have a small goal to fulfill in the spring...I have to race (legally) a few cars, one event in autocross, one event at a drag strip, and one event at a roadrace locally. The stakes are $1000 buy in, and the prize is the pot from 2-100 cars....right now I got to build up one car, DOT tires, street legal, and can take on a newer M3 with a decent driver on sick tire tires. And the other entrants are guys with sick hondas, neons, a vega, and whatever else decides to enter...if this challenge goes thru. If I can get one of my cars to get into the 12's or faster, handle on rails, and corner on a dime...then I think I'll have a chance, win the pot, and have more money to invest into other parts or hobbies.