HybridZ

Got a ticket in my Z today

gjc5500

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I woudl have told him to point to the turbo. i woudl rather get a BS ticket than one for exhibition of speed. i just got back from the sherrifs station. He giggled when he saw the ticket. he told me that i should look into getting my "broken" egr valve fixed( i have it unhooked and told him it was broken when he asked why it was unhooked) no need to go to a ref. since the ticket was incorect it is VOID!!!!!!! <3 stupid cops

I talked to my manager (at an auto parts store) about this today while i was at work, he lived in Cali for a long time... He was also kinda like "WTF?" but pretty much told me that unless you can PROVE that you had a stock engine in the car at the time, IE a witness, or video, dated picture with the stock engine in place.... the cop will probably win if you take it to court.... he had something similar happen to him about 10 years ago.. his friend had a similar ticket 8 years ago, cop won both times....

The judge will probably say "You swapped the stock engine back in after the ticket date to avoid paying the ticket" and if you tell them to "search my house and find this phantom motor", IF they decide to, they will bill you for the time they took to search your house and what not.

So if you havent already, go take a dated picture of your engine, and take it to court with you.

Good luck to you, that's some serious BS.

Thats why i didnt take it to court. i just got the ticket signed off the next day. they looked under the hood and dash. he siad he was looking for an ecu or where one WAS mounted. he noted on his clipboard that there was excessive dirt of the motor mounts. he said since it coundnt have built up in the past 72 hours i was good. signed the ticket off.

It's useless to argue with an ignorant Law Enforcement officer. They have the badge and the ability to call the tow truck. They do not have to prove you are breaking the law, the courts do that. All you can do is smile, take the ticket and fight the battle elsewhere.

Most likely in the future it will require a civil suit to get them to back off.

Is a L28et in a L28 car qualified as a "different motor". Yes they are different but legally different?

yes it is as it was not the original motor for the car. to have one swapped legally you must swap the entire stock motor with all applicable smog equipment and "check engine" light. then it must be certified by a state referee.

Wow, I don't have much time but this is freaking hilarious, but scary at the same time.

Where did this cop learn this is the question. Some of the police training videos I've seen are VERY disgusting in the point that they can be EXTREMELY racist against car guys. Such as assuming that any car with stickers on it probably has illegal parts from that company ect.

This probably isn't something he learned on the net, it's probably something that he learned from his chief.

I'll post more later. I really gotta go.

Man sorry to hear about this none sence, but i guess just call it the beatiful state of California all of these crazy people need a crazy Governor. Maybee you guys better off just sending a letter to Arnold and see what he can do. BTW isnt there a 25 rule for no smog required by the state? Just curious... since here in IL we use AV registration for 10 years with no smog requirements and youre car can be as loud as 120 db and they cant to s%&t to you.

ok, to clarify some stuff in this thread.

The 25 year thing in CA is gone, and will be gone forever unless the laws change.

ANY CAR IN CA can't have it's smog regulating equipment modified or removed legally. And smog equipment was in existence long before 75'. Actually back in the 50's CA started making laws that controller the way manufactures made cars in order to provide cleaner air. Most cars even from the 60's would built in order to run as clean as possible while getting good HP efficiency.

CA has made it perfectly clear that they don't want ANYONE modifying motors and altering how much ANYTHING it makes, for better or worse. Their laws aren't always all encompassing, and only 75 and up get testing. This doesn't give older cars a free pass or anything of the such. It just means they're a lot less likely to get caught with anything since they don't have to be looked at every other year.

This is awesome though. I really wish there was a way to counter ticket stupid cops that give bad tickets like this. Just make sure you're L24 is legit and doesn't have any illegal mods, and shove it right back in the states face, and enjoy it.

the state is also investigating muscle/restored cars because of understated value and the possabilty of lost revenue at dmv.i heard on another website that the dmv raided boyd coddington's shop to check titles on the cars.komifornia has a basic registration fee+ a tax on the value of the vehicle.even though the new motorcycle i bought in 2002 is worth 1/2 now i still get charged the the same as when it was new.i am ready to move to a new state.