HybridZ

Finally went to the track today.

Last year we had to have the 6-71 supercharger rebuilt, it has been on the car since early November. The poor old Z car just sitting in the shop wanting to be ran, just collecting dust. My brother and I are a team and one will not go to the track with out the other. My brother Jerry had some issues come up and was hospitalized for awhile. Well he is back now 100%. We decided at a last minute notice to go to the track.

Below are the links to the two passes we made. Would have made more but had a water pump failure.

The very 1st pass decided just to run the 1/8 for a shake down pass. Guess what pulled next to us a Tube Chassis Big Block Chevy Camaro. All I could say was good luck my brother. Well the Z surprised us and we out ran him.

2nd pass, well the video tells the tale. We were going to run it the full ¼ and 8’s we insight according to our 1/8 mile time. But you know things happen. Had to get out of it before we turned it over, Jerry got back in it and still out ran the nice looking 69 Camaro. We did red light but it was also an awesome run.

Here are the links to the 2 videos, and a photo of the 2nd pass wheelie.

I would right click and save target as. This will download to your computer, then play it.

www.jnjdragracing.com/videos/01202007-1.mpg

www.jnjdragracing.com/videos/01202007-2.mpg

Hope you enjoy, and until next time.

John

veryhigh_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all for the kind comments. I am so glad we were able to bring it out and do some testing. Glad we found out about the water pump before SEZ#8. Hopefully we will have some good runs, possible 8's in the 1/4.

Hey Zgad can't wait to see your beast scream down the 1/4 mile.

John

Hello Hanns,

Nope, Z-Gad runs strong. He is the man in our book. He is running real strong. It would be a good run, that is if we can keep the front end down, but he is a 6 cylinder turbo charged, and we are a 8 cylinder supercharged. We have new found respect for the turbo 6 cylinder guys.

john

Very nice runs. I think Z-Gad will have some real competition from you guys. Love those videos.

Hanns

• Like 1

Hello Hanns,

Nope, Z-Gad runs strong. He is the man in our book. He is running real strong. It would be a good run, that is if we can keep the front end down, but he is a 6 cylinder turbo charged, and we are a 8 cylinder supercharged. We have new found respect for the turbo 6 cylinder guys.

john

LOL!!

I am just trying to keep up with you big boys :wink:

I hope to get a chance to work on the car in a few weeks, in order to get it ready for SEZ. I am unfortunately away from it right now. I was hired by Pinnacle Airlines as a First Officer and am in training for the next 7-8 weeks. It is going to be cutting it close for SEZ, but I will do everything I can to be ready. Current state of the car is... I installed 1600cc (150lb) injectors (repacing the 1000cc or 96 lb injectors I was running) and a 5-bar MAP sensor (allowing me to run 30+ psi of boost). I did not have an opportunity to get any tuning time, so I have to completely re-do my fuel table for the new sensor and injectors to get back to where I was...(hopefully 2 track sessions will take care of that). Then I have to tune for the nitrous as well, so I can run it the length of the track and not just the first 60' or so, to try to keep up with you guys!!

Fun stuff as always,

mike

I did not have an opportunity to get any tuning time, so I have to completely re-do my fuel table for the new sensor and injectors to get back to where I was.

This is about as close to giving everyone an advantage as we will ever come in order not to be completely blown away by your Z.

And 150 lb injectors...are you using a garden hose to supply each injector with fuel?:shock:

Looking forward to seeing your Z run but your IRS is history.:-D

Hanns