HybridZ

has anyone got their girlfriend, wife wanting a Z of their own?

nscason

My girlfriend liked my car from the get go. she never really wanted one though. that didn't bother me. she wanted a third gen vette. a while back she bumped a pole with her truck and I'm taking an auto body class and I'm fixing it. well ill go and pick up her truck at her work and go to class. she drives my car home. every time she pulls in the driveway she has this big grin and is giggling like a child. much like i was when i bought the car. now she wouldn't mind having a Z. being that it is a hell of a lot faster than a stock 05 ranger. she also likes the fact that i can park in between anything. my car is the size of a matchbox. in comparison to everything else on the road. she also likes the fact that i can pass anything with no problem on the freeway. has anyone had this kind of thing happen with their wife, girlfriend, spouse? its nice to know that you can turn people into Z fanatics.

Funny, My GF Loves my car but doesn't want one... but a really good friend's little sister saw my car this summer and loved it enough to buy her own 3 months later. Actually me and him drove it home for her.

Sadly I have driven her car more miles then i have driven mine :(

about the long hood thing. my girlfriend has always said that is all my car is. hood and motor. she likes the fact that i can back out of anywhere and only be sticking out a little bit. where as her truck has to have the whole bed in the street before she can see everything. we both know that is are real safe car as long as you are paying close attention to the world around you. if not you might get squished. before i got the progressive springs my girlfriend and i where driving back from san diego and going down the grade i averaged 95. the only thing keeping up with me was a high end mersadies and some new saturn sports car. needless to say my girlfriend wasn't scared at all where as anyone else would have pissed their pants knowing how fast i was going. stuff like that helped her getting to wanting one. then putting her behind the wheel finished it.

My wife had always wanted a '69 Camaro, until I took her for a cruise in my old beater rust bucket on some back roads. She now wants me to hurry up and finish my '74 because it will be a whole lot more fun. She would like to have one, but it would need to be an auto because of her bad ankle. I think an LS2 with an auto in a 2+2 would be fun.

All of my significant others (past) only tolerated it. My wife drove it once or twice, but still isn't the biggest fan

thats why they are "past" and not "present" haha. My gf. liked it even when it was in primer. Now she loves it but thinks its unsafe for her even thou i told her i would even by her one. its growing on her thou. i know it.:-D

Get this - I just bought another Zx a couple of weeks ago (yes, I have 6 now) from a 21 year old girl, who saw the car in all of its faded paint glory, decided she wanted to buy it with her OWN money, as her only mode of transportation! It wasn't forced ownership! I didn't know girls that wanted an ugly, faded 280zx exist! BTW, she's only selling it because she blew a piston out of the block. Apparently, excessive oil starvation can cause this...who would've thought? She drove a month without oil - her boyfriend said the little red light was on because she needed to change it soon. She's still in the Z family, though, purchasing an '88 300zx to keep it going.

As for my g/f, she wants to buy my '72 240zt. At first, we both were planning on the 2+2 to go to her after the paint job, but since its name is "Ugly", and because she can now see how it resembles a station wagon more than a coupe, I don't think she wants it anymore. I even offered to turbo it for her. Oh well...

I don't think I can ever sell my '72 to her, though...or anybody else for that matter. She's too scared to drive my v8 280zx - she loves it when I push the car, but she's afraid she would lose it. She is a litte speed demon, though, and I'm proud to say I brought it out in her. Within a month of us dating, she went 130mph in her Probe GT. :mrgreen:

I haven't even let my g/f see it yet (only is before photos). Still working on it. As soon as it becomes drivable and legalized, she will be the first one to ride it (I don't think I'll ever let her drive it). Shes never riden in one before though. I want her first reaction to be "oh you just painted it," and then scare the crap out of her, hehe.

Mine seems to tolerate the ZX and loathe it when I spend too much time working on it. She went as far as calling it a rust bucket (which it /was/)! Slowly I got it back together, and as she saw the transformation she got more interested.

After I painted it, her whole attitude changed. She loves riding in it now, loves the looks and thumbs up we get. I even let her drive it a few times as a lesson on standard trans. She did pretty good, so much that she occasionally says "your parts car isn't that bad... maybe you can fix it for me. I'd like it to be blue please, thanks."

hay--i yam a girl........i will not let anyone else drive my AE but i love my 3 z31s--would like to get a smaller z--proper z, if you please, but they are hard to find in running order for cheeeep.......and i talked my self INTO THIS, PLEASE.....

tell your gf she does NOT want an opel--i know --i had one.......she wants a 240.....or early 260.....if it runs..........

and teach yer ladies how to pproperly drive a standard trans.........