HybridZ

Do you have a z and does it actually run?

dr_hunt

Do you have a z? and if so, does it run and drive?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you have a z? and if so, does it run and drive?

• Don't have z yet! I must get a z, I must get a z!
    • It runs and drives, YeeeHawww!
    • No it doesn't run and I'm posting how long I've been working on it.

I bought mine in running condition... though with many problems. I've begun correctional improvements but haven't touch the car in about three months due to family issues, financial setbacks, and just being tired all the time... un-frickin-motivated. I hope to have it "running" again by the middle of February and all the mechanical upgrades (sans the new 434 stroker) by mid summer. We'll see...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and yes. My daily Maxima is just not the same as the little blue beast. I'm waiting on a house with a garage before any further work gets done on her though. For now it is running on a tired sbc/fresh tranny and needs a LOT of work body/rust-wise. Will probably end up looking for a new shell to start out with once in possession of a garage...

Finally got her back together acouple weeks ago after the tear down for paint almost 2 years ago. I haven't driven her yet, but I have to make her legal first. Maybe this weekend I'll take her out with no registration, inspection and finish balding the tires. I have to replace them before making her legal anyways...

Got mine in mid Sept, and immediately tore it apart. Wanted to have it done for the first of the year, but its been one thing or another thats slowed me down. We just bought a new house in a nice neighborhood and the old lady says I cant have all these projects just sitting around. Looks like the Z is going to get pushed back for a bit longer and my truck will be finished first since its alot closer to completion. Im hoping the truck can be finished before summer and the Z will take its place in the garage to be finished. So much for SEZ this year.

......edited cause its too early to spell correctly

Guest 280ZForce

My beast lives! Only been down between engine swaps.

hopefully gonna tear her down soon and check out the engine while I'm in the process of getting the new goodies on.

DOC... You're giving SuperDan a Z?!? What model? Is it a hybrid?? Damn, you're generous. It's great to know that some folks have the spare cash to do such nice things for others!!

Would somebody P L E A S E give SuperDan a z.

All three of mine run now, but the 260 isn't street legal at the moment (no lights). My 240 was down the last part of '06. Should be back driving it on the street in the next week or so (will definitely be at reynolds for SEZ). The 260 may get sold before I do anything to it.

Well, mine DID run... then after the last 'run' trying to keep up with a mustain I guess I pushed her a bit too hard.. At this point it's got a masive coolant leak from little jumper/rad hose at the front of the block, a pretty bad oil leak from behind the crank pully, and a front frame that is rusting and ripping apart from the sway bar mounts... I'm pretty straped for cash right now, so unfortunatly, I havn't done ANYTHING to it in the last 4 months... :icon_frow except move it around in the garage to make room for the RX7. (Yes, I saved it from the portable shed colapsing on it) Not that I had much room to work to begin with, but now I have TWO cars in a 1.5 car garage. ???? yah.. Not much room to do anything.. I'm actually in the negative space I think...

Well, mine did run but i broke the fusible link and never got around to fixing it. :cry2:

Sumo, you're local to me. PM me and I can help you out with a Maxi fuse block like the one in my album for minimal expense. Lets just say you would probably spend more money on fuses and/or gas coming over to pick it up.

I have 2 of them, see my gallery for pics, both of them not on the road!

78 280Z I have owned since 1982, motor still runs great, perfect interior but needs body work and frame rails.

76 280Z going to be my HybridZ as soon as I find a damm motor and trans.

Great body and frame, no rust, almost perfect interior.

Greg

You mean there are Z's that actually run? :mrgreen: I've never even driven mine. It was a basket case when I got it 5 years ago and it's in much better shape now but I seem to go for long periods of time without working on it. Right now it has been in storage since November but I should get it to the new house soon. Oh well at this rate I'll give Pete a run for his money on the longest project.