HybridZ

My ported Head

240Z Turbo

In my opinion there is no other place to send your cylinder head.. I speak from personal experiences. I have seen at least 6 heads from Larry's shop and the cleanliness and attention to detail are second to none.. He recently built an entire naturally aspirated 2.0L Dart block Honda B series for an employee at my shop that put down 336 Horsepower on the engine dyno. These type of numbers are not possible without an extremely well flowing head.. And by the way it is ENDYN NOT Endyne.... Also many top engine builders, including Hytech use Larry to build their heads..

RB26

CNC Porting is $2800.00

Clearancing for "big" cams is 189.00

Replace Guides $225.00

Intake Guides $75.00

Exhaust Guides $85.00

Intake Valves SS (1mm oversized) are $225.00

Exhaust Valves Inconel (1mm oversized) are $312.00

Ti Retainers are $355.00

Springs (dual & nitrided) are $365.00

Valve Seals $65.00

Camshafts (Tomei) $750.00

Shimless Buckets $698.00

Pistons (with thick-wall pins) are $779.00

Rings are $288.00

Carillo Rods (with Carr Bolts) are $1550.00

RB26

CNC Porting is $2800.00

Clearancing for "big" cams is 189.00

Replace Guides $225.00

Intake Guides $75.00

Exhaust Guides $85.00

Intake Valves SS (1mm oversized) are $225.00

Exhaust Valves Inconel (1mm oversized) are $312.00

Ti Retainers are $355.00

Springs (dual & nitrided) are $365.00

Valve Seals $65.00

Camshafts (Tomei) $750.00

Shimless Buckets $698.00

Pistons (with thick-wall pins) are $779.00

Rings are $288.00

Carillo Rods (with Carr Bolts) are $1550.00

Phew....$8k worth of work for all that......

Plus some prep work for the bottom end... A $10k motor easy.

But I'd bet that their head work and piston is worth 10% power - or 50 hp on a 500hp setup....

-Bob

Guest Fulcrum

Last time I was in Ft Worth I stopped by and met Larry Widmer. He is an awesome guy. He spent about an hour showing me around his shop. He showed me all kinds of "hidden" mods he did on several of the engines in his shop. He showed me their engine dyno, 5-axis CNC machine, assembly room, and the flowbenches that Larry designed himself. I also got to see some Pro Stock pistons that Larry designed.

Endyn is a small company. I think Larry is the only one that does the head porting. He's also stated on numerous occaisons that he would give anyone their money back or fix whatever was wrong with any of Endyn's work or products.

He also will rework and port Eaton superchargers. I think it's about $1500.00. His blower mods on an Eaton M45 gave a 3 psi boost increase(same pulley) with no increase in air temps.

Whatever engine I build in the future, the head and pistons and goin to Endyn.

PS I think the RB head prices are high because he probably hasn't got one "perfect" and digitized it into the CNC machine. A Honda/Acura 4-cylinder head CNC ported by Endyn is only about $900.00.

Is this a drag race oriented port, or a road race oriented port? I.E. max absolute power, or reliable power? I have been reliably informed that those who build the road-race motors don't remove all the squish from the exhaust area. I'm no expert, but it was worth pondering.

-Bob