HybridZ

My Project: 800HP (Crank) RB26DETT 1998 240SX

underground

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I sold my Z06, I transferred the plate onto the 240SX, as I decided to start street driving it. (Was being used as a showcar for BFG Tire Co.)

I usually pull the plate off for shows, etc but somebody snapped this photo as soon as I arrived. (I found it online and uploaded it into my Photobucket.)

The whole car used to be carbon fiber two-tone, but then I ordered a Cwest Full Body Kit to change the look of the car. (Had been shot for a few magazines, and I wanted to update the look to get back into more magazines for 2007.)

Well, the container showed up and the rear bumper was missing. I ended up keeping the carbon rear, and decided to eventually paint it.

that sucks that it didn't show up. especially when the car looks like it's been planned well and was probably done to look a certain way with certain parts.

Painting the CF is an option but then it loses its value, I guess.

In regards to the wheels, what's the issue? They are 18x10 with a 295/35/18 tire. On a 240SX with a factory 6.5" (205/55/16) wide wheel, there is going to be some overhang.

I figured since the wheels were sticking out it would cause a collision issue when the suspension was loaded. Now I'm wondering why there isn't a wide-body on this beast's butt. :mrgreen:

How did the new turbo work out for you?

Justin

yeah, did you hit the 1000 or 1200 hp on c-16 with the new snail?

Here's the latest update, the car is finished with the Borg Warner 74mm Single Turbo, and the new 4" Downpipe and Exhaust. The turbo back exhaust is straight 4” piping broken into three pieces via V-bands. Photos are posted below.

This thing sounds absolutely wicked, and we are putting together a dyno video to post up.

I want to thank Matchless Performance in Addison, TX for the piping work, as it came out flawless.

shop_pics069.jpg

shop_pics070.jpg

shop_pics071.jpg

shop_pics073.jpg

shop_pics074.jpg

shop_pics079.jpg

shop_pics077.jpg

shop_pics076.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Went back to the dyno this weekend with new fuel pumps, and ran into our next problem, maxing out the 1000cc injectors at 624whp/442tq.

1600cc injectors are being installed this week, and we'll head back to the dyno for round three, haha.

The E85 really requires big injectors, and I never imagined we would max out the fuel system this quickly.

Im guessing we're going to end up with a Weldon Race pump, as the dual walbro's are really struggling to keep up.

Enjoy the Vid!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4416974422287815456&hl=en

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Wanted to welcome Deatsch Werks to the list of corporate sponsors on the project car.

We went back to the dyno this past weekend with a set of 1600cc DW Injectors, and they performed flawlessly. The car now has plenty of injector for the current setup.

With that being said, the day didn’t end up as we hoped. We maxed out the dual Walbro 255 lph fuel pumps @20 PSI on E85. The car made just over 650whp before we had to call it a day.

I made a call to my friends over at MagnaFuel this afternoon, and they suggested their street friendly, Inline Protuner Series Fuel Pumps. The particular model they suggested is MP-4303 rated at 2000HP in N/A Applications using gasoline. (good for around 1300 HP on E85).

What’s unique about their race pumps is they are E85 compatible, rebuildable, and they don’t require a fuel controller like the Weldon’s. (And various other brands of “race†pumps.) This is a significant cost savings, and makes this pump is fairly “bolt-on†affair in a car with an aftermarket fuel system already installed.

The new fuel pump will be installed in the next two weeks, and I will write a review for those that may be interested in our findings.

We knew three weeks ago the 1000cc injectors and dual walbros were not going to get us to our goal, but I wanted to see how far they could be pushed on the E85….as I know many on here are debating switching over in their own vehicles.

Here’s the latest dyno video, notice the fuel pressure gauge video at the end:

19e0811b-2a5d-41cc-a442-9a47013f8de5.jpgUnderground Motorsports Demo Car1998 RB26DET 240SXMaxing out the dual Walbro 255lph Fuel Pumps at 650whp@20 PSI.Borg Warner S374 Turbo, 1600cc Injectors, E85 Pump Fuel, AEM ECU, etc.

Just curious... with the fuels system you had in it why are you using e-85... seems like you could have reached your goal using race fuel pretty easy.

i am curious to? why E85?

i have a friend with an EVO 9 that was tuned by tim switzer of switzer performance in ohio to run on E85 and it puts down 450hp at the wheels. could be makin more power not running the E85. is it just a see if it can be kinda done thing?

E85 has it's advantages, not only is it higher octane than regular gasoline but it is cheaper. Sounds like a winning combination to me. If we had E85 pumps here in Maryland I would definitely be running my car on it.

On the other hand, it has less PE than Gasoline, so you aren't going to get the milage you would get with regular gas. (Not that it matters much the way most of us drive).