HybridZ

Other famous Z race paint schemes???

BillZ260

I am looking for a paint scheme for my car. I am not set on anything yet, but want to get some idea's for a clean simple paint layout.

I absolutly love the BRE Z paint lines but I want to see what else is out there. Does anyone have some good shots of the few Z's that ran at Le Mans. I have only found like one or two on google, anyone here have any? I'm also, any other race paint schemes so post them if you have them. Something simple and unique is what I'm after.

I want to take one and street-a-fy it for my car but I don't have a collection of them, I have some but not alot.

Thanks!

Not exactly a Z...but how about a GULF theme, its very eye catching, i saw those colors out of the corner of my eye once, and immediately thought GT40! and i snapped my neck around to look. it was new GT40 painted in the baby blue/orange GULF theme...i always thought that was kinda funny.

OK, here are a couple that I've seen lately and love!

Can't really see the top of the scheme on this on this shot, but it's of a model. It's the one of the Vette's that ran at Le Mans in 67 I think. I'm really liking this red white and blue, you can't really tell but the power bulge is bright red and runs all the way back.

Model

MTB00076.JPG

Actual Car

ncmpic07.jpg

The modern Grand Sport Vette

250px-1996_Corvette_Grand_Sport.jpg

Stunning but I think I'd do Blue on top

04zBRE.jpeg

Good idea on the Gulf layout. Might change the colors a bit, but I do like it.

gulfGT40.jpg

This is closer to what that may look like on a Z :)

Pa130015.jpg

From here, I think I'll look for a nice clean white Z pic and print out several dozen copies and start drawing and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the input thus far :)

• 10 months later...

Since this is ALWAYS in the back of my mind!

I finally broke down and bought Forza2 for the XBox (not for this purpose but anyway). I was playing and finially got up to where I could buy the Farilady and was just playing around in the paint section. SO...

I bought the 17" American Racing Torque Thrusts which are perfect for the look I'm wanting. So far I've done one of my idea's above, I'll attempt the rest later. Let me know what you think...

The above Corvette LeMans paint layout, my fave.

n647374244_544112_6641.jpg

n647374244_544108_6948.jpg

Same layout, but with a silver stripe. A little more suddle but don't know if it's any better or not?

n647374244_544110_7518.jpg

From here, I think I'll look for a nice clean white Z pic and print out several dozen copies and start drawing and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the input thus far :)

I was doing the same thing but with a 280zx. Finally I made a line drawing in MS Paint for a little more consistant results (when you have to stay at a police academy for 6 months, you have a lot of free time on your hands...)

Maybe you can use this since the lines are similar:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/Austenp405/Z%20Stuff/280zx1-3.jpg

Guest TeamNissan
I second the "big sam" paint job

Here is Big Sam PASSING a perfectly good GT40 on the outside...

w27196239.jpg

Isn't that Z tall??

Thats such a sexy pic. Really puts into perspective why it was named the gt40 at well.