HybridZ

Such Animosity....?

Poundz9oh9

I thought the two sites had a live and let live attitude towards each other........???? The first time in months I even LOOK over there and see two post making references to HybridZ...

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=4&i=325957&t=325957

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=4&i=326063&t=326063

By the way, way to go Tony D on the defensive .... We've had a run in before (long time ago) and I still don't like you ... but good job!! :cheers:

I will now take you off of my list of people to kill :mrgreen:

I really don't want to engage in an argument about why other sites are inferior or call names, etc, but I was responsible for that second guy getting upset. And as far as I can figure, an aluminum accessoried 350 IS about 40 lbs heavier than an L6. 550 lbs is the weight of an all iron 350. I don't have exact figures, but I was able to find one site that said 50 lbs weight savings on the heads. So figure less 50 lbs for aluminum heads, less 20 lbs for aluminum intake mani, less 5 lbs for an aluminum water pump, call it 475. Clifton weighed his L6/5 speed at 523 lbs. We know the 5 speed weighs about 75 lbs, so call that 448.

Obviously this is a rough estimate, but 40 lbs looks pretty close to me. Might be less than 40 lbs. The problem is he wouldn't even research his answer. Instead he just kept being insolent.

Maybe he thinks the L28 weighs 300 lbs. If so, he's wrong. At least Tony D clued him in that the V8's can be lighter than the L6, and lower, and further back, etc.

I tried really hard to get him to stop and think before he responded, but he wouldn't do it, so out he went. No big loss as far as I'm concerned. Why the purists feel a need to come here and tell us how it is without any FACTUAL proof I don't know, but that's the way this particular one went down.

Honestly, I wish we could come to some agreement the two sites are probally the most popular Z sites anyways.

Both site's really make themselves look stupid attacking others.

I heard a rumor that both sites are usually used by Adults but im not entirely sure some of the time :)

-Trying to be unbiased btw :P

Having been into 510s for 12 years and being part of that group, then hanging around with a bunch of Roadster buddies and now being a Z owner, I've seen quite a bit. It's funny, as there are "Purists" and "Modifiers" in both the Z and Roadster groups, both not really caring for the other much. With the 510 community, there's only the 510 list and http://www.DimeQuarterly.com , which all about modifying the 510, because stock sucks and there's only about 1 stocker for every 100 modified 510s. While I can appreciate the old stockers, I don't see anything but good by upgrading and updating the old Japanese tin to ride better, have more power and be more fun to drive. To each their own, but I'd never put down someone who likes them stock, but the stock guys sure have fits over the guys who modify them and have nothing better to do than bash them. (most of the time) Whatever! Roadster guys are the same. Pretty soon, the stock 510 will no longer exist, so no worries there. More is better! ;)

Well I have a good relationship with the guys who moderate that site. If I see something that is just horribly wrong, I can ask Derrek to delete it or lock it and he will, so long as I provide a reasonable explanation for why it should be canned.

They've also banned members over some hybridz related topics/ posts. I still don't understand why they allow Norm to continue on with his little diatribes, but I suspect they put up with it for the same reasons we did for so long. Oh well...

There's a need for both sites. They cator to those who are truly pure nissan. We don't. I think they werve their purpose pretty well, as do we.

Mike

How about a thanks for all the hard work that went into asking for money, which is difficult to do for honest people? How about a thanks to all the work that was done to acquire time in a state-of-the-art wind tunnel? How about a thanks for all the hard physical work that was done and will be done assembling and reconfiguring test vehicles? How about a preemtive thanks that all information collected will be shared for FREE?

Forums don't kill people, people kill people!

I'm going to go buy a drink too! L8R

Well there are people like that in the world.

I say, you deal with your business and I deal with mine. If opinions are needed. Then they will be given, but trying to make someone view ONLY your side is just stupid.

Its not like I'm building his car. SO why even bother.

Well thats just my view point.

I quit going to zcar a while ago. Basically the whole site format.

I really don't want to engage in an argument about why other sites are inferior or call names, etc, but I was responsible for that second guy getting upset. And as far as I can figure, an aluminum accessoried 350 IS about 40 lbs heavier than an L6. 550 lbs is the weight of an all iron 350. I don't have exact figures, but I was able to find one site that said 50 lbs weight savings on the heads. So figure less 50 lbs for aluminum heads, less 20 lbs for aluminum intake mani, less 5 lbs for an aluminum water pump, call it 475. Clifton weighed his L6/5 speed at 523 lbs. We know the 5 speed weighs about 75 lbs, so call that 448.

Obviously this is a rough estimate, but 40 lbs looks pretty close to me. Might be less than 40 lbs. The problem is he wouldn't even research his answer. Instead he just kept being insolent.

Maybe he thinks the L28 weighs 300 lbs. If so, he's wrong. At least Tony D clued him in that the V8's can be lighter than the L6, and lower, and further back, etc.

I tried really hard to get him to stop and think before he responded, but he wouldn't do it, so out he went. No big loss as far as I'm concerned. Why the purists feel a need to come here and tell us how it is without any FACTUAL proof I don't know, but that's the way this particular one went down.

Thats interesting Jon, I thought he was b*tching and flaming towards me. Which I was quite ready to respond to his little complaint, though I had never mentioned weights etc, in my "discussion" with him. He never provided any proof and told a very whiney one sided story over there. If he feels incompetent because I'm a 21 yr old, with ASE mech certs, telling him that you can't make general stereotyped statements that X engine is superior only because of Y with no proof. I guess I just find it kinda funny how quickly his attacks became ad hominem, about my engine choice and lack of running status, when confronted about a lack of proof or a different idea. I felt like making a response thread on the z-car, thinking I wouldn't let him slander me, but then figured it wouldn't do any good and I don't really care since I don't frequent Z-car. However I must say thanks to the Z-car moderators for getting rid of it quickly.

Tyson

there is a GREAT thing about cars that a lot of people fail to realize now days. when i am building a car i am building MY car. i can come to forums and the like for ideas and advice from others with more experience, but no one has the right to bash any of my ideas. People offer up there ideas which has a possibility of changing mine or adding something to it, but when it all comes down to it, i am building my car, and i can do what ever i want to it. Hell, i can take my car out into my yard with a can of gas and a pack of matches and have a bonfire, and no one really has the right to be pissed off about it, because it was MY car. Now, if i try to build your car or come near your car with the gas and matches......

Guest fenderbender02

I am going to do a GTO kit car which has gotten me some flak because I am going to chop up an early Z and the die hard Z fans don't think I should. I could care less what other people think I should or shouldn't do. People tend to forget that there are thousands upon thousands of these cars and if we don't restore or Hybird them then they will be crushed and lost forever. Thanks to whomever owns this for a great informative unbiased site.

Actually, the folks over at zcar.com are not Z car purists. I believe you may be confusing zcar.com with Classiczcars.com which does cater to purists.

Zcar.com contains a bit of useful information, especially about stock and moderately modified setups. Unfortunately, it is also rampant with tons of useless, incorrect and dangerous information. You have to know what you are looking for and have some knowledge of the answer beforehand in order to get any useful information.