HybridZ

post your 4x4 pics

David K

I found my true calling. My ladys father passed away a few months ago, and i inherited his '90 Pthfinder XE 4x4. I took it out to Death Valley this past Friday March 2nd and came home late Sunday March 4th. I havent had this much fun since...i cant even remember! I had 4 people and their gear, all my tools/jack/jackstands/chemicals, oversize tires, and a strap on cargo bag for the top. We averaged 16mpg, which is really good considering we were about 7,000+ pounds easy, maybe a lot more. Well enough talking, heres my pic.

path1.jpg

Shes REALLY lacking any power whatsoever. I had to use the truck lanes to travel uphill, and the trans overheated several times leaving us on the side of the road for 15 minutes each time.

Bolt in 4.3 V6 or SBC V8 mounts

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/index.php3?page=shop/flypage&product_id=427&category_id=6d671ddc4a20931bd740484254c1de5c&ps_session=c72b211ca8e83fc06c7becd168e6f822

Bolt on 700r4 to Nissan transfer case adapter

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/index.php3?page=shop/flypage&product_id=426&category_id=6d671ddc4a20931bd740484254c1de5c&ps_session=c72b211ca8e83fc06c7becd168e6f822

Can you guys see where this is going?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm partial to Toyotas. While I don't have any pictures, I went with one of my best friends through the Rubicon trail a few years back in his 87 Toy with a solid axle conversion and dual transfer cases. Pretty amazing what you can get a 4x4 to do. I can't tell you how many times I looked and said "There's NO F'ing way!" and then the truck just crawled right up and over...

http://www.rubicon-trail.com/

I haven't had this one for almost 20 years, but the only 4x4 I ever owned:

We called it 'Black Death' 86.5 Nissan Hardbody SE V6. Bad thing was, the VG30 alternator is on the bottom, and every time I would go mudding, I would have to disassemble and clean it out. After the first 3 trips to the alternator shop, the owner taught me how to do it myself.

s 86.5 Nissan Hardbody 4x4_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Here is my 4WD. Wife bought it for me new a few years back. John Deere 4310 E-hydro, push button 4 wheel drive, manual locking differential, heavy duty bucket, front forks, 60” brush hog and 60” Box Scraper. This is by far my favorite tool I own… Great for moving parts cars around behind the shop, pulling engines, dragging fallen 60+ foot tall trees, hauling firewood up to the house, etc…

Here I am on the J.D while building the Rusch Motorsports Shop..

unloadingSmall.jpg

Two oldest daughters and the dog bringing fire wood to the house during the Pacific NW Ice Storm of ‘04

Woodgals.jpg

Oh, and my wife has her own 4wd, an all stock ’01 Chev Suburban, dark forest green aptly named SHREK! She has been eyeballing the ’07 Suburban lately...

• Administrators

DavidK,

Maybe I posted the Tractor in the wrong thread…. Sorry for going off topic.

FWIW, I don’t have one these gnarly articulating 4 wheeling monsters, boy that looks like LOTS of fun…

This is a great thread, even for those of us that don’t have a true wheelin machine…

I’m sorry to hear about your father. Your trip sounds like it was a blast and also incentive for another Hybrid Nissan in your driveway…

Hmm.. 4.3 in a pathfinder.. I say DO IT!!!!

Don't have any action shots, but this was my first truck...91' toy 4x4 5spd. wasn't built that great, but it went ANYWHERE I tried to take it, and was a great daily driver. Would have put a straight axle in if I kept it, but I needed a tow rig for work, and when they mounted the tires I forgot to tell them to put the black side out, so the white lettering ended up on the outside, lol. ...The second pic is my true 4x4 now... Cummins turbo diesel power baby, once i get some extra money and after i put a 5spd in the Dodge, I wanna get a early 80's toyota and build it up.

im000156mk9.jpg

im000826qe2.jpg

im000820fm4.jpg