HybridZ

installing engine pics

Dragonfly

I am using a Moroso electric water pump... electric motor with a belt that goes to the water pump, switch is inside the car.

Dragonfly

cool!

My elec. pump on the stillen charged 350z's intercooler failed 3 times so I can't bring myself to trust one for the engine, but thats just my

bad experience talking

Cool water pump set up! How did you set up the bracket and adapt the pully.

looks great.

If you look at this picture you can see a little closer how the pulley and brackets look.

P1010004.jpg

When I bought it it looked like this:

largeimage.asp?part=MOR-63750&Prod=Moroso+Electric+Water+Pump+Drive+Kits&img=mor-63750.jpg

With a bracket that looked similar this:

largeimage.asp?part=MOR-63842&Prod=Moroso+Alternator+Brackets&img=mor-63842.jpg

The bracket bolted up to the water pump with no real issues but I did not like the way it looked so I pulled it off took a couple pieces of aluminim and bent, drilled and polished them and made them into my new bracket. In order to get the pulley to fit over the stock water pump I had to grind some of the diameter off the mounting flange on the water pump, I also had to cut down some of the water pumps bracing ribs, I then marked and drilled new holes in the new pulley so I could bolt it to the water pump mounting flange.

The whole thing works quite well and I have never had a problem with it (drove it for over two years with no problems at all). As you can see in the pictures the belt sits somewhat loose, that is intentional, I could easily tighten it but there is no need to, with the toothed belt and pulleys it has no problems staying on and turning the water pump, also I have virtualy no load on the water pump bearings so I doubt if I will ever have to replace this water pump.

Dragonfly

Very very nice install, attention to detail is superb.

Did you know that you can get an electric water pump which actually fits in the original space of the OEM one and you dont need to have an electric motor and a belt driving it? I love the way you have done it, looks very trick, i'm just saying it as a FYI.

Very very nice install, attention to detail is superb.

Did you know that you can get an electric water pump which actually fits in the original space of the OEM one and you dont need to have an electric motor and a belt driving it? I love the way you have done it, looks very trick, i'm just saying it as a FYI.

I actualy bought this one before JeffP succeded in getting the CSI pump built, I was a little to impatient to wait.

Mayolives, yes it is a BW T5, it has been completely rebuilt and is ready for "break in". If my memory serves me correctly either you own or are involved in the Z which goes by the name "Red Bird", that is the car I used as a referance for the aluminum shrouding that will be going over the radiator, and a very impressive car to boot.

nbesheer, no it stays in place very well, the small pulley on the motor has shoulders on the sides (belt sits in a groove similar to a V-belt) which keeps it on track.

Thanks for the compliments.

Dragonfly