HybridZ

intercooler for twin turbo

rdsk8ter

35 PSI and 500rwhp dont match!!!!! what kind of motor?

35 PSI usually go with motors that cost 15K+.... but good luck

not if you buy all the parts at cost from a engine builder trust me the markup some people get is nuts and also im trading the labor for electrical work it is going to become a great friendship between us. i am going the 383 stroker fully forged 4340 cromolly( i cant spell worth a bean thats why im an electrician lol) fully roller motor and will be runnable on 91 octane. alluminum heads and yea should hold up right?

was that on the 7M or the L28ET? what air temps was that at also?

7M. With the stock ecu I've done it in the mid 80's. With MS so far 70's is the warmest it's been. In the summer when it's 100-110* I drop it back to 24-25 psi. With more octane it will wasily do more.

There is no rule-of-thumb that says npsi should make nnnHP. However, if a 383ci engine runs 35psi and only makes 500hp, something is wrong.

thats what i was getting at.

What turbos you plan on using.

35 psi with about 20 psi turbine side back pressure will give you about 500 hp ;)

Reading off PSI numbers is almost like kids looking at the speedo in a car and rating it's top speed by what the dial says while parked. :D

-Les

There is no rule-of-thumb that says npsi should make nnnHP. However, if a 383ci engine runs 35psi and only makes 500hp, something is wrong.

You'll likely want at least a 60 AR for twin turbos for a mild build. To give you an idea I am using two T3 turbos (the stock datsun type with ~60 AR) and am only expecting to get in the 500hp range at around 12-14psi. The turbos you linked wouldn't work well to make it to that modest level because of the small 48 AR which will restrict exhaust flow too much. But a guy might want a low rev high torque street fun motor and then those turbos would work fine.

oops, I see those are 60 AR turbine so they might work OK to get to 500hp. You should read a lot more before buying any turbos, you'll never regret it.