HybridZ

intercooler for twin turbo

rdsk8ter

A turbocharger adds exhaust back pressure to the engine. An engine is basically an over glorified air pump. The VE ( volumetric efficiency ) is a measure of how well it works ( pumps air, really ).

Exhaust back pressure must be balanced with the intake pressure with the selection of correct turbocharger to get power.

I don't even want to think about the peak cylinder pressures would be like on a 35 psi boosted motor if it *didn't* have a lot of exhaust back pressure to hold it back!

more basically: I don't do no good to run 35 psi boost if the exhaust can't get out....

-Les

Sorry, not quite sure I understand what that means.

It has more to do than just 60 a/r on the cold side. A Z turbo uses a 60 trim, just happens to be a 60 a/r too even though the 2 aren't related. You can have a .55 a/r with a wheel that will flow twice what a 60 trim Z turbo flows. As for what would work on your V8. 2 60 trim T3's isn't nearly enough for the volume you plan. You need to figure out the boost you really intend to run and the amount of air it will use and then look at the flow and pressure ratio of the turbo/turbos. I wouldn't go by what an ebay add says of the turbo. Find out what it is and look at the map of it, if it's a Garrett turbo it will be easy to find.

Ok the more research the better lol Ill need around 15-20lbs and the motor will be built to handle 35psi I mis-understood the builder of the engine. Im not fully up on turbos, and have a little bit of a learning disablity. I can only learn by seeing. I can read it all day long every day for a month but until I see pictures and or get to toy with it I dont grasp it.

I really think you have a lot more learning to do before you start buying parts. Not trying to be an ass but lets start with the basics. What compression are you planing on running? What kind of a cam profile? etc.. We need all the basic engine specs before we can help.

I will find out the specs from the engine builder tomorrow. What all do you need to know? Here is what I can think of.

cam specs

Heads

compression ratio

Like I said it will be a fully roller motor and it is being designed by a pro not me lol. I am no where near qualified to design this setup. I trust you guys very very highly and would love you guys and gals oppinions about this