HybridZ

why does the front not look right?

caszboy

I was just looking at the front of my z the other day and something looks weird. i have seen other pictures of Z's with the front air dam and mine just seems like its missing something? maybe the front "thin" chrome bumper? the two bolts on each side showing is really bothering me :weird:

what do you guys think?

729074.jpg

License plate in the middle of everything looks odd. Most hang from the front bumper and are thus mounted lower. Also, check your airdam to make sure it's not deforming along the bottom. Those flexy airdams tend to stay bent after a number of years from the air pushing against them. A number of guys have braced the front lower lip to keep them in shape.

Davy

I'll take a stab here.

Check the comments I've added to the photo. Also, notice the red vertical reference lines and how they are referenced to the middle of the curve for the splitter. These lines are not the same distance from the headlight bezels due to the appearance that the bottom of the dam (splitter) has been pulled toward the driver's side of the car (the double white lines on either side that run parallel to the dam's grill openings reinforce that thought as well as the orange vertical lines on the outside edges of the dam). The parking light position referenced the red lines is also mismatched. The combination of all of these things attributes to a slight "wappyjawed" appearance, which should be easy to remedy.

standard.jpg

Lol,thats more like jumping stab and a full twist.Good disection of the front end i can definately see how everything is just a little askew,imo there is just a little too much open grill space,looks like a half smiling drunk chick.

LMAO ... a smiling drunk chick without teeth.. lol

Caszboy: Theres several things you need to understand. By asking the question you left the barn door open! Secondly, "Ox" has a very good eye for fabricating and balance. God knows he's done enough of it! A few minor adjustments and it will look fine.

VAN

damn blueovalz, you have one hell of an eye for this stuff :eek2:.

the turn signals just dont match the car. it looks like it is suppose to have the signals on the ugly bolt spots, i just dont have any holes or a way to mount them.

so srgunz, you think the wrong air dam is on it now? that would explain a lot about the big grill and bolts showing. maybe i will change it when time to paint....which is a long ways away :?

another question...

im looking to make a daily driver, non-show car, but looking nice ride out of this. im not totally new to bodywork but not as experienced as most. see anything wrong with just using bondo around the sunroof? after taking it out of coarse...and yes the previous owner put tape on it :nono:

731046.jpg

731047.jpg

731048.jpg

If you bondo it just make sure there is no way for water to hit the bondo after your done,bondo is like a sponge so you will want to get it covered with paint real good since there is going to be water getting in there again more than likely...Water+bondo=bubbles in paint.It doesnt look like you have much rust damage,you should just use a single thickness of fiberglass where needed,a little harder to sand down but more beefcake and weather resistant.