MY77Z

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEFORE

AFTER

1976 280z-deceased 5/20/03

In retrospect that Z did really well for a car it's size. I've already seen much newer cars wrap COMPLETELY (as in the front and back ends are touching) around telephone poles.

I don't think any car from that era would have done much better. (bigger heavier car would just have hit that much harder)

A telephone pole impact is as different from a traditional side impact as an offset frontal collision is from the standard DOT 30mph crash.

The impact area is much smaller on a phone pole, not to mention...it does not move. (If you're hit by a car most of the energy transfers to motion)

speaking of...I have to find my pics of "before", scan them onto a computer (I got my Z before I had a digital) and then I can post them here, too.

I also have one for the "wrecked Z" post. (1971 240 that lost to a foot-high curb)

Man, reading this thread makes me wish my Z was done.

i started this thread for 2 reasons:

1- i just love to see the transformation that Zs go threw

2- to motivate members and guests with any unfinished projects

BTW, my car was a stock white 1977 280Z with a blown L28 engine, 4spd tranny and a rusty body back in november 2006, by march 2007 (4 monthes later) i'm driving a 500Z powered by a 302 ford engine/T5, lots and lots of mods, NOS, a fresh paint job with a custom made air dam and a new cowl hood :cool:

so it is possible for everyone to finish his/her project and have fun with it.

GOOD LUCK