HybridZ

My ZG flares are on!! PICS

big-phil

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to lower it, cut the fenders, and put some wheel spacers on. Then I'm saving up for a real paint job!!

Looks great! I've been considering them for mine.

Be prepared for coil overs and sectioned struts in the front to lower it even this low:

http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/P2210006.JPG

Hmm. I was going to put that right there on my '77, when I had it:

10712205411.jpg

Nice to see it going to good use.

Looks great! I've been considering them for mine.

Be prepared for coil overs and sectioned struts in the front to lower it even this low:

http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/P2210006.JPG

Hmm. I was going to put that right there on my '77, when I had it:

10712205411.jpg

Nice to see it going to good use.

I'm glad I finally got to use that fuse block, thanks again!!!

Guest 280ZForce

looking damn good as usual phil... might wanna throw a fresh coat of rattle can paint on that air damn to give your car a lil cleaner look for the time being.

Hey phil looks good, But i think the rear flares may be a tad low.

The way i was shown to install the flares on the rear was to try and pickup where the inner fender well would intersect the rear 1/4 at is highest point then go 1/4 inch above that. That should line the rear fenders up with the fronts so they follow the body line. I dont have a perfect picture to show you what i mean but look at mine. The purpose for the flares is to be able to run wider tires and also lower the car. you cant do this without cutting the 1/4. Most do this is by cutting the 1/4 panel and match it up with the inner fender so there there is nothing to rub on with suspension at full travel. At any rate here is a couple pics of mine which where installed by a body shop in japan. See how the rear flares are actually above the door handle.

7903watts.jpg

790300_00025.JPG

7903watts_side.jpg

In this picture the rears look to be below the door handle.

10712205255.jpg

Flares look great on your car. I hope my install will turn out ok.

Hey phil looks good, But i think the rear flares may be a tad low.

The way i was shown to install the flares on the rear was to try and pickup where the inner fender well would intersect the rear 1/4 at is highest point then go 1/4 inch above that. That should line the rear fenders up with the fronts so they follow the body line. I dont have a perfect picture to show you what i mean but look at mine. The purpose for the flares is to be able to run wider tires and also lower the car. you cant do this without cutting the 1/4. Most do this is by cutting the 1/4 panel and match it up with the inner fender so there there is nothing to rub on with suspension at full travel. At any rate here is a couple pics of mine which where installed by a body shop in japan. See how the rear flares are actually above the door handle.

Thats how I was going how to mount the Zg flares Higher than the door handles cause I felt it was too low when I did fit under the line. I guess I was right. I am starting to mount the Zg flares tmr. I did a practice test on one of my spare front fenders. Let me know if that is incorrect.

PIC-0033.jpg

PIC-0032.jpg