HybridZ

Pinks not getting participants?

stony

i find it kinda funny when rich puts some much effort into being the flag man, he makes it look so hard and makes it look he he's doeing something special..

BAAHAHAHA! Yes, that's so true! Being the flagman isn't really cool in reality, it's racing that is...

Davy

Wait, it's winning that is!!

the shows BORING! who wants to see a bunch of guys who obviously are lieing, sandbagging SOBs argue over whos cheating less, and who should give who a head start, or compensate for the other cars faults, betting your CAR on a race is STUPID! when you KNOW the other guys lieing about his capabilities. loosing a bunch of cash is bad enought!, but NOT your CAR!

they need to have a KNOWN RISK and REWARD structure, and make CHEATING/SANDBAGGING far more difficult!

FIRST there should be no ELECTRONICS, TRANS BRAKES,ETC.

JUST drivers and cars matching HP and SKILLS DRIVING.

they should have each car, put up either a PREVIOUSLY AGREED UPON sum of $3000,(0ver 12 seconds)$5000,(over 10 seconds) or $10,000 EACH (under 10 seconds) ,then run against thier PREVIOUSLY AGREED UPON ,DIALED IN E.T., if your faster by more than a tenth second, you LOOSE! that one race, the winner of best 3 out of 5 runs gets the $6000, $10,000, or $20,000, PREVIOUSLY AGREED UPON , so your risking a PREVIOUSLY AGREED UPON SUM and your FORCED to run against a known ,PREVIOUSLY stated cars potential

I have thought about how to make the race interesting and I came up with only one conclusion ....

Before they start racing, each driver gets to drive the OTHER car ... they get to see what it is really capable of, no sand bagging, no worries, just burn the rubber and see what it has ... also the Nitrous or no Nitrous before the race is another good idea.

When you drive the other car everyone knows the place it's in ... then negotiate the car lengths and do a best of 3 ...

As stated before ... the participants need to have their cars sorted out before hand, it's miserable to watch guys fix things on the track. Just ask "One Fast Z" about ill-running cars. He will tell you that he won simply cause the other car was running like crap. It was a faster car, but his was a better prepared car and he won.

As a friend of mine said, a Geo Metro can win against a Ferrari, it's just a matter of negotiation. What's the logic in that?

I had a Fairmont once similar to that one, 4 drs., 4spd manual, 6cyl., 200 cu.in, and single barrell Holley totalling 90 h.p. baby! Then someone turned left infront of me and totalled it.:icon_frow

I think "Pinks" is a lot like "COPS". It does'nt matter what town your in, the same bad actors, the same dumb stunts, lies, and crying.

Maybe the shows should be combined! Oh wait, they have "America's High Speed Chase Show".

I have to think the folks that make these shows are surprised themselves if the stuff makes it more than the first season. I don't know why they still make COPS (or the others), enough already.