HybridZ

Orsca/year One Experience At Alanta Dragway

The NHRA race in Bristol, Tennessee is canceled this weekend (May 18,19 and 20th) due to the concrete breaking up, and has been re-scheduled for July 6,7 and 8th. As of right now the "King of The Strip" race we were suposed to run in at Bristol on May 22,23,24,and 25th is on hold. (Looking at re-scheduleing or running at another track).

Year One and ORSCA is racing in Commerce, GA this weekend (Atlanta Dragway). If anyone is interested in going here are the rules for the classes. Feel free to call me if you have any questions about any of this. We've ran with Year One last year in the Open Class ("big tire" car) and had a blast. Commerce is usually a really good track, too.

Year One Street Legal Classes Summary

All races are ¼-mile

Classes:

13.0 Index – cannot run quicker than 13.0; .500 sportsman tree

12.0 Index – cannot run quicker than 12.0; .500 sportsman tree

11.0 Index – cannot run quicker than 11.0; .500 sportsman tree

10.0 Index – cannot run quicker than 10.0; .500 sportsman tree

Open – no performance limitations; .400 pro tree

YearOne Street Legal Rules:

Index class races are heads up on a sportsman tree (.500), Open class races are heads up on a pro tree (.400). Cars entered in the Index classes cannot run quicker than the index or they will break out and be disqualified. There is no index in the Open class.

All cars must meet NHRA rules for their performance levels.

All cars must pass an NHRA tech inspection and a YearOne Street Legal inspection.

All cars must be street legal with the following:

o Current license plate and registration (for the vehicle being raced)

o Proof of car insurance

o Working headlights, taillights, turn signals and horn

o D.O.T. Street legal tires only (No Slicks)

Test and Tune time – open to any vehicle that passes NHRA tech for their performance level. Run as much or as little as you like.

All the excitement of the YearOne Experience will be covered by the biggest names in the print and electronic enthusiast media. Every major magazine in the business will be represented, and a number of television shows will be on site taping shows.

The YearOne Experience will certainly be a unique event. With an unprecedented variety of activities for the entire family, two professional-level race tracks and massive amounts of media coverage, this will be the one event on the 2007 calendar no enthusiast will want to miss.

OR...........

ORSCA is also running some classes there (they are teamed up with Year One) and you can find all that info on their website at www.outlawracing.com.

progress.gif

We will be running in the Year One (Open Class) 1/4 mile Heads Up Saturday May, 19th. at Alanta Dragway ( With the "Big Tire 260 Z" ) We will get 2 rounds of Qualifying and it starts at 12:00 p.m. with eliminations starting at 5 or 6 p.m. If anyone wants to come to the race, they are welcome to be apart of our team 1 QUICK Z. It is going to be a very big race with all the ORSCA / YEAR ONE Outlaw classes and the YEAR ONE Index Classes running. You can reach me on my cell 1-423-388-0016:burnout:

Thanks

Jon Phillips

1 QUICK Z

Good luck, Jon! Knock 'em dead! :2thumbs:

Davy

We WON!!:-D :grin: :-D In The Year One Open Class this weekend at Alanta Dragway. We qualified # 1 with a (1.17 60ft) 7.95 E.T. at 172.56 mph in the 1/4 Saturday morning and ran consistent 8.00's at 170 to 171 throughout eliminations to the finals and ran a 8.00 E.T. at 171.36 mph for the win.This pass would have been faster than our qualifying pass but with a spinning 1.20 60ft we lost E.T.(We were testing doing long burnouts across the line at Bristol Dragway two weeks ago and used up my tires) Now I know I need new tires, anyway we had fun and didn't break anything and won the race. :2thumbs:

Thanks

Jon

Congrats to you and your team.I know its a lot of work to do all that is necessary to have a consistent car at that level.did you bring home a few greenbacks? I hope?

Thanks Everyone :-D, Yes we did win $ 1000.00 :2thumbs: but $ 200.00 for fuel round trip, $ 135.00 for a blown out trailer tire, $ 80.00 for a hotel room, and $ 500.00 for a drum of c-16 racing fuel and it's all gone :cry2:. But we did have a Fun, Safe, Race and didn't Brake anything :D

Jon