HybridZ

who's the fastest street driven Z car...

240zprace

Guest fastassz

Im working on some pics ,ect.But like they say money talks,and I welcome any challenges,as long as its in my category.STOCK SUSPENSION&L-28 POWERED.

Im working on some pics ,ect.But like they say money talks,and I welcome any challenges,as long as its in my category.STOCK SUSPENSION&L-28 POWERED.

Just to let you know the people on this website trully dispise people who lie or exaggerate. So if you are just to trying get attention/be an ass like I believe I would stop if you plan to not have admins bring their wrath upon you.(just my opinion) But if you indeed have a fast z then sweet. Let me know what you are running. BTW my 280zx ghetto beast ran a 12.4@110 with a 22yr old stock suspension. And i'm pretty sure i'm not the fastest though so good luck

Im the daddy in the stock suspensioned, L-28 powered category

Stock suspension? why would you keep stock suspension? just like having a unstable car at speed I guess? I know James thagard ran mid 10s in his L powered Z , stock rear end.. and Garrett Maddox ran a 11.2 in his L... So yeah.. lets see some slips or vids..

I think the key part of this question is street driven. Can and does drive to and from track under its own power. Only one in the 8's or 9's that does that to my knowledge is z-gad. Whiteboy is a street legal vehicle but never driven on the street only raced.

If your going to qualify the question like that, then my hat is off to Z-gad but if you want to further qualify it by saying that a street driven car is a vehicle with a completely finished interior and working A/C and drives smooth, quiet, and has excellent street, Auto-X, and road course and road trip manors then I would have to give the nod to Clifton.

You need to see it and go for a spin in it to really appreciate it. The A/C blows COLD, the paint looks really good, the interior is finished except for a cracked dash (in AZ who's isn't) it rides and drives straight and smooth and quiet. It gets +24MPG and for the last 3-4 years has made the trip to and from AZ to Anaheim for the MSA show. He drives it almost (if not)every weekend and it seems that it is never off the road for more than a week at a time. He is almost always tinkering with it and always making improvements. On top of that he Auto X's it at least 4-6 times a year.

I find it truly amazing that this car can go from a mild mannered street car to a violent beast by just staying into the throttle. Anybody could drive this car as long as they stayed out of the boost, stay in the throttle while on the boost and you have no time at all to look at the gauges, the planet rushes by in a blur. Its shocking how fast you can collect (reel people in) in traffic.

So for a street legal, daily driven, all around, road trip (not a one trick pony) excellent driving car. This car is smooth, quiet, clean and finished (by our standards, not his)!

I would again give Clifton the nod.

I do hope to see Z-gad's car in person one day though 8's are amazing, I never thought it was possible with the independent rear suspension. .:icon14::icon14:Double thumbs up for showing us all it can be done.

Stock suspension means 30+ year old suspension with original RUBBER bushings, original springs, and stock~ish strut inserts? As it came from Japan?

Just want to clarify.

OTM

BTW who would want to run a stock suspension? For a little over a grand you can have a VERY adjustable COILOVER suspension.:rolleyesg

I know Zgad and JnJ aren’t running L-series, but aren’t they running the stock suspension?

Yes, we are running stock suspension(NISSAN,DATSUN) that is. We are using the 300ZX turb cv axles. When we were running the stock haftshafts(u-joint style) we went a 5.82 @123mph in the 1/8th and a 9.21@153mph in the 1/4. I think that is pretty fast on stock haftshafts. My VOTE for the fastest street driven stock suspension Z would be for (MIKE), ZGAD you are DA MAN.:2thumbs: I said it before and I will say it again I think it is cool to go fast on STOCK STUFF (suspension). Lets not foget about RIP and the ZEBRA Z ,I don't know how fast Rip went on haftshafts but he is flying on cv axles. He told me he has been a 5.63 in the 1/8th with the single carb motor . I have not talked with Rip in a while to find out how the twin turbo SBC is running now, before the last SEZ event he did tell me it put down 130mph in the 1/8th. Jerry:mrgreen:

Guest fastassz

you guys got to work with me.Im not very computer literate it took me a while just to figure out how to put that picture up.Be patient, I bullS*** you not.I got a video on the dyno back when i was making about 600,with a manual tranny,let me find me a computer freak friend to help me dowload it.

you guys got to work with me.Im not very computer literate it took me a while just to figure out how to put that picture up.Be patient, I bullS*** you not.I got a video on the dyno back when i was making about 600,with a manual tranny,let me find me a computer freak friend to help me dowload it.

What maunal transmission are you running? Most members here start to explode the datsun manual trannys around 400hp. If you speak the truth, I have lots of respect for you because most of the real high hp L cars seem to be Dyno Queens (no offense to them) and never run the quarter mile.

As I stated in my post, "Type in your timeslip". This forum WANTS to believe you and frankly do not really care (at least I dont :D) about vids of 600hp dyno pulls. Many a 600hp dynp queens have trouble breaking into the 11s. 11s is well respected here but not worthy of making any claims.

I wouldn't mind seeing a dyno pull or sheet if that's what you have. I could care less how quick it is or it's 60', just how fast it is. I know there are alot of Z's on here that are capable of a fast mph but the owners aren't 1/4 mile guys or would rather the 1/4 mile lead to turn 1.

Putfile.com will host vids and is easy.