HybridZ

who's the fastest street driven Z car...

240zprace

how about L series motors?

I believe James Thagard's tt/nitrous L28 may hold that distinction (even though he sold it), atleast until Tim's car does the 1320.

As for the fastest street driven Z, surely there are guys out there faster than me. I believe there is a guy with the screenname Whiteboy on some street racing boards down in Texas that has a nasty fast V8 z, but he's a hardcore $ racer, so his times are not public. ;)

I believe there is a guy with the screenname Whiteboy on some street racing boards down in Texas that has a nasty fast V8 z, but he's a hardcore $ racer, so his times are not public. ;)

I think the key part of this question is street driven. Can and does drive to and from track under its own power. Only one in the 8's or 9's that does that to my knowledge is z-gad. Whiteboy is a street legal vehicle but never driven on the street only raced.

clifton is dam quick in his 7m powered 73. 600+ rwhp. and he drives it with his tile laying tools in there. (untill he got a truck). i think dave (azcar) told me that he has towed a small trailer behind as well. this is unconfirmed. will have to call clifton on that one. he might have a few more ponies in there now that he got his motor back together before msa show. his meth hose came off without he knowledge and he boosted to 20 ish and blew 4 of the 6 ring lands. opps. now he has bigger forged pistons in.

jimbo

I vote for Z GAD!! No Question.

Even though I drive my Z regularly on the street, I always tow it when I take it to the strip. Because stuff happens.

I haven't had a chance to race my Z with the bigger turbos and larger 406 Chevy engine but my 383 was running mid 9's at 145 mph through the mufflers.

Hanns

• 4 weeks later...
I think the key part of this question is street driven. Can and does drive to and from track under its own power. Only one in the 8's or 9's that does that to my knowledge is z-gad. Whiteboy is a street legal vehicle but never driven on the street only raced.

WARNING: offensive music

http://zcarvideo.vidiac.com/video/fe0e7cd7-1edd-4202-9a38-989601808bf7.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/whiteboy/0/f93df86e-b3f1-43f2-af3d-98920167c8ab.htm

There is a big difference between "street legal" and "street driven". Most of the quick cars listed here might have a license plate but they sure as hell are not driven on the street on a regular basis or for any distance, let alone hundreds of miles at highway speed. E.g., Z-Gad recently had to get his chassis certified and drove a couple of hundred miles to get that done. Got back just in time to swap tires, throw in the race gas and drive ot the track to do his license runs and clicked off a 9.1 @ 147+ trying to avoid 150mph because the car still does not have a parachute. Now, that is a street driven car, not to mention I drove it home 400 miles from SEZ 2 years ago!

Unless a car has a timeslip to back up its claim or reputation, you cannot compare it. There is a ton of information that can be gotten from a timeslip beyond just the ET. You can still tell a lot about a car's power and potential even if the ET is not stellar because the car is not setup for drag racing or the driver has no 1/4-mile driving experience.

Guest fastassz

Guys I'd say Im the fastest stock suspension,L-28 powered z in the streets and track.I believe there is a gentleman in North Carolina that thinks he is,I really doubt it.

Guys I'd say Im the fastest stock suspension,L-28 powered z in the streets and track.I believe there is a gentleman in North Carolina that thinks he is,I really doubt it.

Talk is super cheap these days on the ole internet... how about some video or some time slips to back up the claim there chief.

I see your profiles says 800HP huh?