HybridZ

What's wrong with this picture?

280zwitha383

Talk about optomistic...

You are bidding on an immaculate NEW FACTORY COLLECTOR'S GEM 1982 280ZX NISSAN (Datsun) sports car! AMAZING PRISTINE CONDITION 4,646 ACTUAL MILES!!! This rock solid MUSCLE CAR was purchased from the SHOWROOM from the Nissan/Mercedez dealership Steenbergen Autoworld out of Ashland, Kentucky on November 20th, 1982. This beauty is a 2 seater, 5-speed, 6 cylinder with T-Tops & Factory Alloy Rims. EVERYTHING IS COMPLETELY ORIGINAL EXCEPT FOR THE BATTERY WHICH IS NEW!!! ONE OWNER & STORED FOR 25 YEARS IN A CLIMATE CONTROLLED HEATED GARAGE! The battery is an Interstate Megatron. This car has been checked periodically over the years, Oil has been changed every year. Antifreeze changed 2X. ...

This is THE ONE for you if you are THE SERIOUS COLLECTOR! BUY IT NOW FOR $21,500

START YOUR ENGINES & PUT ON YOUR RACING GEAR!!! I LOWERED THE PRICE 3,500 DOLLARS!

THIS IS A SUPERB PRICE!!! ORIGINALLY PURCHASED FOR OVER 15,000 TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO!!! ALL ORIGINAL RECEIPTS! TALK ABOUT INFLATION!!! DEFINATELY A ONE OF A KIND!!!

Somebody ought to call this guy and find out what they are smoking in that neck of the woods:

Jim Calhoun-owner of Calhoun's garage can attest to the condition of the car. You may contact him at 1-606-886-6992 should you have any further questions.

No amount of immaculate is worth $21,000 on an NA 82ZX...For that kind of money you could buy a remanufactured DeLorean from these guys: http://delorean.com/remanufactured.asp... at least I think that's what they go for, I couldn't find any prices listed but I saw them on a tv show one time and I seem to recall them being about that much....

*edit* Never mind, i just found the prices. $40K for a reman DeLorean...

http://delorean.com/dmcstore/byod.asp

*edit edit* However, for about $21K US, you COULD in fact own this:

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/1164773580/1164773580ss.htm

It does look rather good. Right now I'm freshening up a 1980 that has been in the garage untouched since 1988. It has 28k on the clock and the engine compartment looks pretty much like the one in the pictures. It has that yellow spray on stuff that covered the cars before they went on the ship to be brought over here which makes the valve cover and all bright work look crappy. Also, on the 80, the interior panels did change color even though the car was not in the sun! And the headliner loosened up. I'm not sure what the cars are worth but it does look pretty good.

Joe

Guest 280ZForce
all '82-83 had the same hood.

Actually, the turbo hood scoop was a dealer option from what I've been told. But I think quite a few n/a end up having it.

According to my Haynes manual, the VIN doesn't match the 280ZX format of XXXXS130XXXXXXX, where every X stands for a specific option on the car. Note that some X's could be blank or 2 letters, depending on the option.

Yeah, that VIN's not right...

I'm still not sure what we're supposed to be looking for, besides the ridiculous price.