Carbon Fiber rear taillight panel

aziza z

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just out of curiosity what is really holding this back from being produced. Would the guy be willing to start the build process for these now that there is a significant interest in the tailpanel? Do you want deposits?

he knows there is a huge interest in these panels and i have shown him this thread. He just needs to find time to make these panels (and make them right without rushing them into production).

sorry that this is takin so long guys. Wish i could do something about it other than nag him all the time. They will make it into production and i will send out notices to everyone on the list (and this thread) when something DOES happen.:icon_frow

I have looked into getting a mold made for the panel and start up a run on production however I was quoted around 400 for the panel and 800-1000 for the mold. It would be done as a injected mold rather than the old school way of making it. I personally think that was way too much but I will find out on monday if that is the final price. I am serious about this panel, I just don't want to fork out that much money for a panel. I don't mind putting up the money for the mold I just need to know that there would still be a interest in the panel and for what price? I would at least want to get my money back from the mold. That is what I can concerned about. I know there is interest but not sure how true it is.. If this goes well then I could start the process for other molds, fenders, hatches, full front valances.....the list in endless....

Firstly I'd like to thank Aziza for all his great work with answering your inquiries regarding the CF taillight panel that we have been promising to bring to market - he has been kind enough act as a liaison for us, but I think it only fair that we now introduce ourselves directly to the forum and take some of the heat off of him.

I appreciate that many of you are now getting a little impatient - so are we.

We had intended to this part available a long time ago, but our initial production run created a part that was, in our opinion, too costly to be successful in the marketplace. Although we wanted to start selling them, we also wanted them to be affordable.

For this reason, over the last several months, we have explored several options to reduce these production costs. Although it has taken a lot longer than expected, our new modified tooling was taken to the production shop this week and product should be available shortly. Costing has still to be finalized, but the CF taillight panel should retail for about $250-275.

We were attending the SEMA Show in Las Vegas all this week, but I shall be meeting with the production company over the weekend and shall post an update on Monday. All going well, we will start taking orders then and start shipping next week.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and our apologies for taking so long to get to this point.

I'd also like to ask that any questions or correspondence now be sent to us - I think Aziza has earned a break

Steve Ritchie

scr2004@pacbell.net

Greetings,

Welcome to HybridZ, I agree 100% Aziza deserve a break from all the heat (questions/answers) that he’s being taken about the topic, once again welcome to HybridZ, Good luck at SEMA.

Alex

Firstly I'd like to thank Aziza for all his great work with answering your inquiries regarding the CF taillight panel that we have been promising to bring to market - he has been kind enough act as a liaison for us, but I think it only fair that we now introduce ourselves directly to the forum and take some of the heat off of him.

I appreciate that many of you are now getting a little impatient - so are we.

We had intended to this part available a long time ago, but our initial production run created a part that was, in our opinion, too costly to be successful in the marketplace. Although we wanted to start selling them, we also wanted them to be affordable.

For this reason, over the last several months, we have explored several options to reduce these production costs. Although it has taken a lot longer than expected, our new modified tooling was taken to the production shop this week and product should be available shortly. Costing has still to be finalized, but the CF taillight panel should retail for about $250-275.

We were attending the SEMA Show in Las Vegas all this week, but I shall be meeting with the production company over the weekend and shall post an update on Monday. All going well, we will start taking orders then and start shipping next week.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and our apologies for taking so long to get to this point.

I'd also like to ask that any questions or correspondence now be sent to us - I think Aziza has earned a break

Steve Ritchie

scr2004@pacbell.net

You sir have just aquired my respect. For one you were direct and to the point and did not try and pad the reasons for not produceing the panel. I appreciate that as well and I am sure others do to. I also respect you wanting to keep this at a reasonable price. I was only exploreing other options to see if I could assist others as well. I as you know have not been sucessful. I will purchase one of your panels when they are avalible, for sure. It says a lot for someone to do something for our cars that really don't have that much of a aftermarket selection.

Matt/Azizaz, could you please post the list you've been keeping? A few of us jumped on this quite early. :)

Cheers,

Bo

Ive sent the list to Steve. (didnt want to post it without his permission). I think hes going to be putting it up though.

and yes ktm u are early on this list. :D