HybridZ

Look what I bought for $500...he he he he

big-phil

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn I got ripped off....I got my Turbo ZX for $530. LOL. I like yours much better...waaay nicer than my $530 ZXT 2+2.

87164454-M.jpg

They really are nice daily drivers though.

What are your plans for it?

but still for $530, your a fender away from a great car!

Ok Phil, THATS IT.. Hand over the horse shoe you have in your rear......... I can paypal you the shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. hehehe.. Great find man.. she looks to be in good shape.. I suspect we shall see some big phil vids of the ZXT huh huh..

LOL!! I was wondering why it hurts to sit.

so your the one who snagged that off craigslist.... saw it earlier and i figured someone snagged it as it wasn't listed as of late today.... i was gonna try and pick it up.... too slow oh well.....lemme know if you ever have plans to part it out.... i need a motor

sincerely jealous:-D,

Kevin

I saw it on there at about 4pm, I called the guy immediately!!! told him I'm coming with a car hauler right now! I'm thinking of cleaning it up, get everything working, and selling it. But it drives so damn good! It would make a sweet daily driver? I'm rebuilding the motor in my 78 so I don't really NEED anything from this one?? The motor sounds so tight though. I just don't know what I'm going to do with it? I've never had a Z with power window, mirrors, steering, rear wiper. But I have had one with some bitch telling me my...door is ajar, my fuel is low...etc, etc lol!!:lol::lol: shes at work right now:lol::lol:

Great find Phil! reminds me of my old parts car (plus floors) lol. I wouldnt mind having one of those again thats actually in nice shape. Warning though, the tranny in that car is a borg warner t5 which = junk. If you need some gear for the 280 I recommend cleaning the HELL out of the ZX and sell, I bet you'll pull at least 2500 bucks... AT LEAST haha, hell if I hadnt bought my Z31T I might have hit you up about it haha.

I saw it on there at about 4pm, I called the guy immediately!!! told him I'm coming with a car hauler right now! I'm thinking of cleaning it up, get everything working, and selling it. But it drives so damn good! It would make a sweet daily driver? I'm rebuilding the motor in my 78 so I don't really NEED anything from this one?? The motor sounds so tight though. I just don't know what I'm going to do with it? I've never had a Z with power window, mirrors, steering, rear wiper. But I have had one with some bitch telling me my...door is ajar, my fuel is low...etc, etc lol!!:lol::lol: shes at work right now:lol::lol:

yeah i had my little sisters graduation to go to so i wouldn't have gotten out there until today anyways...

those features do seem cool to have on a z.... very good daily driver potential indeed.... if its in as good shape as the pictures show im glad you got it.... i would have butchered it for parts probably;-)

regardless, i'm glad it went to a good home and ended up on hybridz:lol:....

Kevin

Great find Phil! reminds me of my old parts car (plus floors) lol. I wouldnt mind having one of those again thats actually in nice shape. Warning though, the tranny in that car is a borg warner t5 which = junk. If you need some gear for the 280 I recommend cleaning the HELL out of the ZX and sell, I bet you'll pull at least 2500 bucks... AT LEAST haha, hell if I hadnt bought my Z31T I might have hit you up about it haha.

Hey you guys...

I posted my 1981 280zx turbo (automatic) here at Hybrid for $500 dollars but

no one wanted it!?!?!?

Here is a pic

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=13042&cat=500&ppuser=17522&sl=m

It's a real steal.. an automatic tho... but the engine runs clean and idles fine. I bought it as a parts car in SAC and I'm selling it as a parts car. It runs great but definitely needs one of the Hybrid Z people to bring it back to it's greatness.

Didn't have any responses from or classified ads but if anyone is

still interested in this CALIFORNIA car... PM me!!! Buyer pays for shipping

is any! I was putting the engine in a 240 but decided on a 383 instead.

Hey you guys...

I posted my 1981 280zx turbo (automatic) here at Hybrid for $500 dollars but

no one wanted it!?!?!?

Here is a pic

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=13042&cat=500&ppuser=17522&sl=m

It's a real steal.. an automatic tho... but the engine runs clean and idles fine. I bought it as a parts car in SAC and I'm selling it as a parts car. It runs great but definitely needs one of the Hybrid Z people to bring it back to it's greatness.

Didn't have any responses from or classified ads but if anyone is

still interested in this CALIFORNIA car... PM me!!! Buyer pays for shipping

is any! I was putting the engine in a 240 but decided on a 383 instead.

where do you live?? Raider nation tells me nothing if thats a football reference. I don't even know the rules of football let alone know where the teams are from. If its not a football reference, scratch that last statement;-)

Any reason why it wouldn't be street legal? Pink slip good?

The last emission was in 03. It had 100 miles less than it has right now. I guess the guy could not figure out what was wrong with it for awhile. Whats the year cut off for emission testing for Texas?