HybridZ

Look what I bought for $500...he he he he

big-phil

1983 280zxt TURBO!!! all stock. 5 speed. The guy said it had a fuel problem, and it sat for over a year inside a storage unit. He replaced the injectors, the cold start valve, plugs wires. New rear axles, boots struts all the way around. New brakes. Rebuilt turbo. It came with $$thousands in receipts$$

I got it home and changed the oil. It had LOTS of gas in it. Put in some new plugs, cleaned ALL connectors. Then retuned the AFM the spring had been moved thats why it was sooooo rich. It purs like a kittin!!! I drove it down the road and it runs and drives great!

14821523152.jpg

14821523144.jpg

14821523157.jpg

14821523171.jpg

14821523118.jpg

14821541269.jpg

14821523051.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make sure to check the FPR too, the 280zx I just picked up was @ 80psi which was the reason it was running rich.

Ooooo thanks, I was trying to think of all the stuff that would make it pig rich. He replaced that too, but i'll put my home made fuel pressure guage on it. But I think I got it licked!!

Ok Phil, THATS IT.. Hand over the horse shoe you have in your rear......... I can paypal you the shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. hehehe.. Great find man.. she looks to be in good shape.. I suspect we shall see some big phil vids of the ZXT huh huh..

so your the one who snagged that off craigslist.... saw it earlier and i figured someone snagged it as it wasn't listed as of late today.... i was gonna try and pick it up.... too slow oh well.....lemme know if you ever have plans to part it out.... i need a motor

sincerely jealous:-D,

Kevin

Good find!

No way you can find one like that around my parts. 500.00 would get you a total basket case, that may or may not even start. Even junkyard worthy turbo cars can fetch 1000.00

Enjoy!

Scott.

Lucky bastard... My buddy got one with a straight body for $200. The interior and all was toast, but the body was decent. Doesn't run though. Looking at the plethora of parts and the plugs in it I'd say it was running super rich, but I haven't taken the time to get it going yet and see how it's going to run for us. It's been sitting for the last 6 years at least, so I know there's much to be done.