HybridZ

New Car 03 Cobra

LineC

Well guy called my wife couple days ago and wondered if we would be interested in his Cobra. He just got a GT500 for sticker and had to let it go.

Worked with me on price and now its at my house. (I am weak) Looks like SVTperformance forum has a new member. No worries though not selling the Z.

It's a 03 with 6000 miles and under warranty untill 2010 or 75,000 miles with a CAI, catback and steeda shifter no pulley mods or tune yet. Amazingly quick and fun car if you can get past the inside.

Here are some pics

03WhiteCobraVert%203%20800.jpg

03WhiteCobraVert%204%20800.jpg

Damn that would be nice wouldn't it. Maybe I should take the rear brake lights out and start doing brake checks.

Hey Stony I leave for Elmendorf tomorrow for some military sheit. I will be there from the 2nd though 16. I already loaded my bags or I would offer to bring some thing up for ya.

Going Salman and Halibut fishing up there also.

the ergonomics are terrible for most people. The shifter/pedals/seating position was apparently designed and OKed by a gorrilla (long arms, short legs).

They are great cars though and have been on my radar for purchase given the right deal came along.

the ergonomics are terrible for most people. The shifter/pedals/seating position was apparently designed and OKed by a gorrilla (long arms, short legs).

They are great cars though and have been on my radar for purchase given the right deal came along.

Aaah... I see. Looking at the pics again the shifter does look pretty far forward.

Let's put it this way...

Last spring I was at a Corvetteforum.com Dyno day. Guy in a chamelian colored 2003 Cobra with a catback and a retune pulled 430+HP. Car was BONE STOCK other than the two mods listed above... Needless to say, there were a bunch of unhappy Vette Owners there!

VERY impressive car at under $20K... The new bodystyle Mustang has been such a huge hit, the previous generation Mustangs are taking a real beating on the dealer lots used!

Mike

what a car, stock internals that make the 2JZ look girly, IRS, and a throaty american DOHC V8 exhaust note for south of 30grand, what more can u ask for? congrats on the purchase, u make me so jealous

Whoa I dont know if I would take it THAT far, lol. Cobras are quick stock and thier stock internals can handle some good power...but the 2JZ is legendary for its ability to make massive power and survive. Also, considering the MKIV supras engine was produced in 1993 versus the cobras 2003 says alot.

I am a musclecar guy through and through but I must give credit where it is due. If anything, the Supra makes the Cobra look 'girly' IMO...and it does it with 10 year older technology and only 3.0 liters.

OK Im going to stop before I refer to vtec or some ♥♥♥♥...

:D

Let's put it this way...

VERY impressive car at under $20K... The new bodystyle Mustang has been such a huge hit, the previous generation Mustangs are taking a real beating on the dealer lots used!

Mike

Mike..shh. I am going to act like I didnt see that and the Cobras are still out of my spending range. I swear if I get a cobra now.. my 240 will never get done.

lalalala i dont hear you lalalala

I'm about 6'4/5" and I've driven quite a few of those, but I never really felt awkward driving it. I felt comfortable shifting, but as with all mustangs of that generation, my left leg is still too closely wedged between the door and the steering wheel / multifunction switch.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Alaska and been able to drive it a little bit. Very impressed with the drivetrain but has its downfalls. Has all the clunkyness and squeaks Mustangs are known for and the interior is pretty cheap looking to me. Car handles really well and I didn't know Ford made seats this comfortable.

Already starting a winter fund to get the blower ported and tring a different pulley. Hopefully that will get this thing around 450 to the wheels.

Ohh ya MiKelly we can work something out still, don't despair. I would trade even for your Porsche. I will even drive down :)

Ported blower (the first gen), throttle body, intake, exhaust, 2.8" pulley netted 489.9HP to the wheels on my parent's 03.

Pretty solid cars, but they have their issues. Fixed a few and found a lot more when dealing with the family's.

I know you've most likely done your homework, but I've done lot of work on the car. Let me know if you need any help.