HybridZ

rb26 z is at home finally

stony

Awsome looking Z Stony. It already looks like it will run in the 9's or 8's. Don't despire, you can find the time to finish it. Wish you were in SC, I would love to be able to help you finish it.

John

You still might be able to help. i have this thread in the chassis section.

beyond the questions i have there i think it's doable

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=123149

I love it! Seeing this car is what made me choose to go RB in the first place. Don't get discouraged man, you'll find a way to get it done.

Brandon

Amen to that!! Like the others have said... don't despair, you'll find a way....

Are you thinking on finding another shop, or finish her up yourself?

Either way, I'd be proud to have that in my stable... :hail:

Keep us posted on your decision .... and good luck!!

Keep it up brother, you'll be alright. I guess we all hit the bottom that make you wish that one never started the project, but then you find the answer and keep building. I'm in the same situation, for the last year I've been; low in funds, military deployments and finding a descent place to work the body and paint it for me, I'm close this time, very close :mrgreen:...

Im starting to calm down alittle. It was just the overwhelming rush of i have to get it done soon.

one of my 4 link bars are threaded incorrectly and when they were assembled before i picked the car up he didnt clean out the shavings so now all the threads are dicked up. nothing a tap cant fix.

I know the feeling... My 280ZXT project has been at the body shop since January 12, 2005... Almost 30 months now... and my RB25DET project started about 3 months ago... and my LS7 project hasn't started yet...

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a picture showing the powerglide mount and how it works with the starter? I'm trying to figure out if I can use a chevy bellhousing,(for a manual tranny), to adapt my RB to my G-Force GF-5R transmission. It appears as if the roughly "3 o'clock" position would interfere with the lower ear on the block? Any insight into that?

-Bob

stony, im just curious.

what was the cause of it taking 4 years, really?

i mean... wtf? looks like a huge project, but 4 years on just the chassis? i think someone took the measure twice and and cut once thing a bit overboard or something. LOL

Any project will take as long as you want if you dont ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ touch it. he would do just enough to keep me off his back. i finally just had enough.

I'm paying now fro a guy to come up from teh lower 48 to finish it to the point i can take over. :fmad: