HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

I didn't do the radio or coin tray replacement as I bought it like that... but the center piece is a thin particle board cutout covered in vinyl that matches the door panels very closely... same thing for the radio cutout. The radio mount is all custom stuff and it's great.

I use that covered coin tray spot as a perfect place for my IPOD touch so that I feel like I'm in the 21st century!

Mike

lol thats a really good spot

This is my project Z that I picked up for $500.00 in Fresno California November 2005. Its the first left hand S-130 Z car I have owned. I have owned several right hand Z cars in the course of the 16 years I had lived and served overseas in Japan (1989-2005). This particular Z had wiring issues, electrical system charging issues, water intrusion, an automatic transmission, tired interior, poor exterior and paint job. On the positive side, it was made in Oct of 1978, had just over 80,000 original miles, already has the 130mph speedometer and no evidence in the body or frame that it had ever had an accident. two of the enclosed pictures show the car and pictures of its engine bay a week after I picked it up and did a quick exterior cleaning. Since then I have invested lots of time and effort in this old gal converting it to a home built 280ZX turbo. Today I am awaiting a few more parts to complete the 5-speed conversion and fuel injection conversion to blow through Demon 4-barrel carburator. The pictures enclosed show the stock fuel injection utilized for the turbo conversion (temporary). The final product will also utilize a Paxton Novi 1000 supercharger to boost it on the low end and the T04e to boost it on the higher end. I recently installed another engine utilizing P90 head, ARP head bolts, nismo steel head gasket, bosch boost rising fuel pressure regulator, a/f ratio, Exh temp and boost gages to monitor engine behavior. Having a few issues with wiring the msd universal boost timing master PN: 5462 (no spark to the plugs) so its mounted but not connected. A work in progress that I work on when I'm not serving in the Persian Gulf or other places on deployment keeping the fighter jets running strong. I'm glad to see a forum for S-130 280zx enthusiests I believe we can learn a lot from each other's experiences. I hope the pictures I am trying to enclose post. Still getting used to the in's and outs and familiarization to this website.

Project Z engine bay hood off_thumb.jpg

Project Z engine bay hood off new front bumper_thumb.jpg

z sideway view_thumb.JPG

cars 041_thumb.jpg

cars 044_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got my '82 280ZX 5spd in the summer of '03. My dad and I were looking for a car we could both live with me driving, and after some convincing, I got him to take me out a few towns away to see it. It was black with a butterscotch leather interior, gold cladding and tan/ gold pinstripes. It had about 60,000 original miles. It was being sold by the original owner, an old man who had slowly lost his eyesight to the point that he was declared unfit to operate a motor vehicle in the early 90's. The car had sat since. My dad and I went halves on it and bought it for $4,000. Apparently this guy was really particular about who he wanted to have it, and I guess I met the criteria. I was thrilled, let me tell you. Since then, I haven't had a spare dime on account of this "bargain" car!

I got a 1980 280zx for free! My good friend had his transmission die in his 2001 Honda Prelude and he found this zx that a co-worker wanted to get rid of. He offered her $100 and she took him up on the offer. Then he got a raise at work and put in a new transmission in the Prelude and handed me the owners card to the zx. I have to get a key made for the car and the anticipation is killing me. Here are a couple pictures of when we went to go check out the car.

IMGA0179_thumb.JPG

IMGA0180_thumb.JPG

IMGA0176_thumb.JPG

IMGA0181_thumb.JPG

Hey 280zx 2by2, I went ahead and resized that pic for you.. All you'll need to do is replace your link with my link and I'll remove the pic from my post. ;)

wvagrb.jpg

BTW, Great pic bud, it's definitely better than any pics that I have of my z car. : (

I got a 1980 280zx for free! My good friend had his transmission die in his 2001 Honda Prelude and he found this zx that a co-worker wanted to get rid of. He offered her $100 and she took him up on the offer. Then he got a raise at work and put in a new transmission in the Prelude and handed me the owners card to the zx. I have to get a key made for the car and the anticipation is killing me. Here are a couple pictures of when we went to go check out the car.

Nice seats! And those look like old Gotti wheels.

• 2 weeks later...