HybridZ

Indoor go-cart racing

SSflyer

Went for the first time on Monday at a place called F1 Race Factory in Phoenix. What a cool way to spend an evening! They have two 1/4 mile tracks that they form into one 1/2 mile track on Mondays, so there are a couple straightaways where you probably get going 45mph or so. What a blast to fishtail around the hairpins. There were about 10 guys from the Az Lightning Owners Club (AZLOC) that went, so we had most of the cars on the track. If you've never done the go-cart thing, you need to go try it. Massive fun.

I've been there before (gas carts). Loads of fun for sure, but I was left questioning the value of it. The 3 races I ran were great, but for the 50 bucks it cost for my father and I, I could kill a lot of gas in the z having fun.

If you've never tried it before though, definitely do it. It's a whole different world from fast cars to fast carts.

I too went there for the first time last week. That place is very cool. I know it's not the cheapest, but for a night out with the guys, it's well worth it. What do you guys think about meeting out there on a weeknight sometime with our cars, then going a few races inside?

Brian

I did this with 6-7 guys from work about a year ago and what a great time for a bunch of gear heads(we were all mechanics)! It was a league that ran for like 8 weeks but the place that we did it at filed bankrupcy so we didnt get to finish the last 2 weeks which sucked because the top like 4 guys were pretty close in points! The cars were electric and when they "ran" on a full charge they were pretty quick. The track we were on was a lot smaller than 1/2 mile though! It was still a ton of fun! I forget how much it was though?

Guy

I ran a 6 hour gas go-kart endurance race on a half size road course a couple of years ago. Our team had four drivers and we did 25 minute stints. We placed fourth out of about 20 cars and our drive chain broke about two hours into it. It was my first time but boy did I learn alot throughout the 6 hours. We got beat by a girls team that took third. It was fun getting grilled by them after the race though :wink: They were alot lighter so we couldn't pass them on the straights. Knocking on their rear bumper in the curves was fun :wink: I was really sore the next day....from the race.

I've never been to F1 to compare but I used to go to Speedawy once or twice a week for about 6 months, then I got the 73 and it tied me up. It is alot of fun. I've heard Bondurant has a big track but I think it's outdoor. Would be to good this time of year. I'd show show a Z meet.

yep karts are awesome, i kept going on about them to guys at work as my bro bought a 100S (clubman class kart? runs a yamaha engine whihc revs to around 20,000rpm), then we went on hire gas karts and they were all addicted, meanwhile they are only about half as fast as my bros kart.

it seriously makes driving the zed seem boring after driving a kart, so there are two options, buy a kart or hybridz the zed :D however his kart was AU$1200, a 125cc one here run around AU4-7g. the one he has is so much cheaper as its air cooled, and no clutch, it was lapping as fast as his friends 125cc rotax kart, but his mate only had crap tyres on so slid around every corner even more :D

...now i want to go use his kart again, or just buy my own :D