HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

does anyone know what size will fit on a 1982 s130 280zx turbo with kyb shocks?

There are a few S130's listed in this thread. You can double check but off the top of my head Slownrusty is running 17x9 -13 and 255/45/17 Yokohama S-Drives front and 17x9.5 -19 275/40/17 on the rear. I'm running the same tire but 17x9.5 -19 on all four corners and 235/45/17 front 255/45/17 rears. We both had to roll the fenders front and rear but the fitment is excellent. I think Yasin had some clearance issues with the 17x9 -13 and his custom coilovers. I'm fine with Tokico blues and springs but I'm 9.5 -19 on all four corners.

Edited by FricFrac

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys Ive been talking to Kim about getting some of these RB-Rs completely (including the lip) in all Royal Gloss Black. If youre interested we would only need five people to make it happen.

I personally dont like the polished lip, seems like every car with wheels now has black w/polished lip. I also dont really like flat black. I do however like solid gloss black.

We would be doing the same 17x9 -13 and 17x9.5 -19

These would be the only five sets out there in solid Royal Gloss Black, NO polished lip. Same price, $825 Shipped, via money order sent to Kim. If you'd be interested let me know. Soon as we get five people we can place the order.

You can see the color Royal Black here, scroll down - Rotas

Remember the lip will be black as well and they'll be the RB-Rs

Edited by BitchinZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally test-fit the wheels on the Z this morning. Noticed a few things:

Theres pretty significant rub on the frame with the wheel turned at almost full lock. I'm running 245/45/17's. Anyone else have this? The car is in on jack-stands it could be due to that?

The front wheels seem wobble a tiny bit on the front hub, they seem to catch a high spot in the center, though the lugs are not quite all the tightened to spec but I would imagine they'd sit a bit more flush?

Photo of rub:

p1010982867-6.jpg

Photo of wheels: 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rears Cooper Zeon RS3-S 245/45/17 front, 275/40/17 rear.

p583059894-4.jpg

Edited by spitsnaugle

Finally test-fit the wheels on the Z this morning. Noticed a few things:

Theres pretty significant rub on the frame with the wheel turned at almost full lock. I'm running 245/45/17's. Anyone else have this? The car is in on jack-stands it could be due to that?

The front wheels seem wobble a tiny bit on the front hub, they seem to catch a high spot in the center, though the lugs are not quite all the tightened to spec but I would imagine they'd sit a bit more flush?

Photo of rub:

p1010982867-6.jpg

Photo of wheels: 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rears Cooper Zeon RS3-S 245/45/17 front, 275/40/17 rear.

p583059894-4.jpg

I too am running 45 series tires in the front and I had a lot of problems rubbing the front of the fender and air dam. Not so much the frame . I can't run the front at the ride height I lwould Ike to. I wish I went with 40 series tires as suggested in the thread. I

I’m running 255 40 17’s all around with ZG flares. Didn’trequire any major trimming of the air dam or fender at the front. Still lots ofmeat left to bolt the air dam to the fender. I put the car on wheeled dolliesso that I could have the suspension at ride height and still somewhat easily turnthe wheels to check for clearance as I trimmed. I haven’t experienced any rubbing issues anywhere in the two years it's been like that.FYI, I’m running AZC coilovers with 250lb springs.

Nigel