HybridZ

Rota RB/RB-R, 4x114.3, 17", Z-Offset Wheels

rudypoochris

What would you prefer?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 17x9.5" -19 On all four corners (as the group buy has been)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear even if it costs an extra $200 ($950 shipped)
    • 17x9" -13 Front and 17x9.5" -19 Rear at the same price ($750 shipped)

Hey, I am running 10" Hypercoils with my coilovers and running 17x9 and 17x9.5s with cut fenders and ZG flares. My fronts are 245/45/17 and rears are 275/40/17. The car is pretty slammed too. Hope that helps

AWESOME!!! Any rubbing issues with your current setup? How high did you mount your ZG's? Also, do you think we could meet up so I can see everything in person? I live in Mission viejo, so its not that far of a drive on the weekend? Maybe even tomorrow since everyone has it off.

• 2 weeks later...

Still hopeing to hear from Kim. I hate waiting. Even more when I got cash in hand!

I sent Kim a email yesterday, he got back to me today... so he is quite fast replying but he is not too big on words though. I'm curious about the price he gave you?

Hey I'm finally ready to get my '77 280z back on the road. My car doesn't have coilovers, flares & not rolled fenders. Any advice on a conservative rim width? I'm worried the 17x9 -12 offset will be to large & I'm not sure why that rim would be better than a 17x8. I'd like to skin the rimes with 245/45/17 is possible

Any help would be appreciated

Wade

I think 17x7.5J ET4 with 225 40/45 17 will fit your stock set up without any issues

I sent Kim a email yesterday, he got back to me today... so he is quite fast replying but he is not too big on words though. I'm curious about the price he gave you?

Same here I emailed kim and with in 6 minutes he replied, and yes not a big fan of words

but hey business is business :lol:

Thank you Kim for all your help and fast delivery.

Wheels look very nice as usual... so Kim is on a roll replying my emails as fast as he can, taking into account the time difference

of 8 hrs between California and Amsterdam. So it's looking like I'm finaly going to be getting my Rota's, but at a price though!

$1530 shipped to Amsterdam-Boxmeer: Damn! Double what you guys have been paying!

Just to give people a heads up, I live in Mission Viejo,CA and may be selling a brand new set of 17x9 and 17x9.5 RGM RBRs in the next 2 weeks. If you want them let me know via PM. Things are going differently with my car and I need different offset wheels.

Just to give people a heads up, I live in Mission Viejo,CA and may be selling a brand new set of 17x9 and 17x9.5 RGM RBRs in the next 2 weeks. If you want them let me know via PM. Things are going differently with my car and I need different offset wheels.

Too bad you didn't post your message 2 hrs earlier, I made my payment to Kim for a set of 17x9 & 17x9.5 about an hr and a half ago... :blink:

Guest mac280zxt

Hi All... I am about to get a set of wheels from Kim at ROTA. Just a quick question or two. Has anyone done Paypal and if so what was the Paypal address Kim has sent you for payment? Thanks for the help.

Edited by mac280zxt

Hi All... I am about to get a set of wheels from Kim at ROTA. Just a quick question or two. Has anyone done Paypal and if so what was the Paypal address Kim has sent you for payment? Thanks for the help.

I paid Kim through Cherry@curesure.com

I have not yet recieved my wheels yet though, he said he'll post them asap... :unsure:

PM sent

Guest Andrew84ZX

wheels007.jpg

wheels006.jpg

wheels008.jpg

my z31 with the rbr's!

love the wheels thanks for everyone's hard work

whole car pics coming when i get tires.

Edited by Andrew84ZX

My RBR 17x9-13/17x9.5-19 in gold/polished lip arrived today, they are super nice :rolleyes: But the total cost of them shipped to my door finaly came to $1700!!! That is the price you have to pay if you live in the Netherlands I guess, at least Kim threw in 2 caps and 2 T-shirts ;)

• 2 months later...

Quick question for those still watching this old thread. For my 1972 240z bought the 17x9, 17x9.5 RB-R set (in Royal Gold) just about to pull the trigger on tires. Definitely going with Continental ExtremeContact DWS 275/40/17 for the rear but am stuck on the front and would love to hear from those who bought this set. Choosing between the following:

245/45/17 - My first choice, will be same height as the rear 275s. BUT do these but do they rub on the fender/airdam?

245/40/17 - would order these but are on back order from Tirerack/Dicounttiredirect so who knows when they will arrive

255/40/17 - somewhere inbetween the other two but a bit wider

235/45/17 - just a little narrower than the 245/45/17s but I'm worried they won't looks as "full" on the rim.

Please chime in if you can I want to order these ASAP.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

In case someone is still thinking of these wheels, I got mine from Kim a week or two ago. They are the 17x9" and 17x9.5" set in Royal Gold. I paid $775 via Paypal, he mentioned $750 via money order, took about a week to arrive. Haven't mounted tires on them yet, going to tackle the flares soon hopefully. Kim was pretty quick to reply to emails, good to deal with.

post-8912-055589500 1288251492_thumb.jpg

In case someone is still thinking of these wheels, I got mine from Kim a week or two ago. They are the 17x9" and 17x9.5" set in Royal Gold. I paid $775 via Paypal, he mentioned $750 via money order, took about a week to arrive. Haven't mounted tires on them yet, going to tackle the flares soon hopefully. Kim was pretty quick to reply to emails, good to deal with.

Do you mean you placed the order recently after the group buy, and were able to get them? KIMCOSMIC@JUNO.COM is the email correct?

i think MOST people were buying them "after the group buy" and where getting the group buy price.

I think at this point it's more like "mention hybridZ and get a promo rate". It's been like 2 years now and he's still giving out the group buy price. Awesome guy if you ask me, despite the issues people have had at times getting a hold of him. He's never taken money and not delivered, and he's quite to ship out once he's got the money.

i think MOST people were buying them "after the group buy" and where getting the group buy price.

I think at this point it's more like "mention hybridZ and get a promo rate". It's been like 2 years now and he's still giving out the group buy price. Awesome guy if you ask me, despite the issues people have had at times getting a hold of him. He's never taken money and not delivered, and he's quite to ship out once he's got the money.

Awesome, I hope I can get my hands on a set real soon.

I should probably make a new member thread but just picked up a 240 with glassed flares, and sure could use the negative offset!

SDC15253.jpg