HybridZ

I finished my intake manifold

wigenOut-S30

Looks great! What did you use to fill in the holes? Also, what did you sand or file it down to get your finish?

Thanks. Your car is an inspiration to get mine done!!!

I used JB weld actually. Since the holes didnt go all the way through anyways. I thought about getting them welded but thought.. it really wasnt needed. I used my grinder and sanding wheels.. worked great.. then I finnished it off by using my mouse sander and finally hand sanded it. Doing this isnt the easiest thing but not the hardest either. It just takes time..

• Administrators

Same here. JB weld works spectacular in that application. All of the N-42 intakes I have built that were getting painted, I tapped all the big holes for pipe plugs, used brass pipe plugs from Home Desperate, then filled all the little holes and divots in with JB weld. Used it like body filler. On mine, I’ve used AeroVoe Cast iron Gray paint as in the pictures, and also Hammerite Gray. I then drilled and tapped all my vacuum ports in the bottom of the plenum near the rear. My first N-42 intake built with that process still looked like new some 7 years later. The few that we have done to be ceramic coated, all holes were plugged with aluminum bits and welded and all divots were welded. Then lots of time smoothing the manifold much smoother than in these pics as the CermaKrome will show EVERY imperfection. Do NOT use JB weld o rany other non metal filler if you plan to ceramic coat.

Here are pics of one of the last N-42 to leave our shop. HybridZ member GearHeadstik is currently running it now.

P6180960Medium.jpg

Intake1Large.jpg

racecar1Medium.jpg

DSC_7981Medium.jpg

Nice looking their gabe. Can't wait untill pics on the car. If you haven't done so yet I would take off the turbo and port the exhaust housing to match the turbo gasket. Should help with spool a couple hundred rpms.

Heh way ahead of ya there.. Already ported it and started on the exhaust manifold. ..

Naa I am going to keep the stock throttle linkage for now.. Maybe later on I will go with the cable..

Nice looking their gabe. Can't wait untill pics on the car. If you haven't done so yet I would take off the turbo and port the exhaust housing to match the turbo gasket. Should help with spool a couple hundred rpms.

I would port match the turbine housing to the exhaust manifold; not the gasket. The gaskets are usually large and you'd end up with a very uneven taper in cross sectional area. It's the same as porting intake manifolds to heads and not the gasket, etc.

Thats looks great! If you make me one, I'll make a video of it, put it on you tube, tell everyone you made it, and how awesome you and your work is, then you will become famous. I'll even let you sighn it with a silver marker when its done!!!

Thats looks great! If you make me one, I'll make a video of it, put it on you tube, tell everyone you made it, and how awesome you and your work is, then you will become famous. I'll even let you sighn it with a silver marker when its done!!!

LOL sure thing phil, but one thing.. since Im well known and famous I demand top doller.. that and cause I need money :) Seriously I am working on another one actually. It began life as a EGR webless manifold and I am converting it to NON egr.. so far it is looking awesome..