HybridZ

Customers Log Stlye intake.

1 fast z

Ok, a customer, who is namless, unless he wants to say who he is, asked me to build him a custom intake, just a log syle, internal velocity stacked, manifold for a street/strip car. Well here is some shots before the finish welding. there will be NO welds on the outside of the runners, as I have them supported by the head flange and plentum plate, internally for strenght reasons, and fatigue resistance. Like headeers are done. Infact in these pictures there already welded, I just have to weld the plentum on next. The customer wanted some engraving done, so we talked it over, and this is what we came up with. It is getting powerder coated, so I didnt polish this one. Volume of Plentum should be atleast 1.5 times the displacement of the engine. This one is about 2.4.

DSCN1025-600x450.jpg

DSCN1030-600x450.jpg

DSCN1029-600x450.jpg

DSCN1020-600x450.jpg

DSCN1024-600x450.jpg

I like it too, in fact it is beautiful

A few questions:

1) Cost - ball park

2) What throttle body is this designed to run?

3) What throttle linkage is this designed to use, I see no supporting ears for either a new cable linkage or the OEM shafts with ball and socket

4) Do you drill and tap it for fittings accordingly?

Yasin

Yea I can spell check, but I type this stuff late at night for me, and its z cars, not spellerama!

I can make it for any TB, Q45, 240sx, etc.

I can tap for any holes, NPT, etc.

Ball park is 1k.

I will design for throttle cable, these pics are not a finished product.

Yeah... Plenum.

Like "irregardless" it sticks sometimes...

Even I upgraded after seeing that tip on how to enable the in-scree spell checker for the text-entry window here at the Forum.

Now I look edemukated...

Nice Plenum, someone is happy with their CNC Machine! LOL

Customer didnt want a taperd plentum, his money. Customer also wanted engraving, his money. Intake volume, has nothing to do with RPM. Runner length is based on a harmonic resonance, and sound waves. All was calculated before even beeing built in mastercam/solidworks.

Customer didnt want a taperd plentum, his money. Customer also wanted engraving, his money. Intake volume, has nothing to do with RPM. Runner length is based on a harmonic resonance, and sound waves. All was calculated before even beeing built in mastercam/solidworks.

what did you use to calculate it, and to which wave?

don't you need to calculate the port length to include that into the runner lenght? it's usually a formula involving inlet of runner to exit at valve head.

damn 1 fast z, you even spelled phoenix wrong in your sig....lol....its all good though, by the way, i saw your silver z with the itb's at pavilions, pretty sweet, i remember that car going to SCC when i went there, who goes to school there? i don't know if you remember a white nissan 720 truck with some loud mikuni's trying to race you a few years ago outside school, well, like i said, tried....never happened, trucks gone anyways. cool manifold by the way.

Yea when I went to SCC, I had just got the ITB's on there then I left a semester later. I raced ALOT of people there right on Chapperal, as you get out of school. If you seen my car at the pavillions, then you shoulda said HI!

Port lenght IS into consideration, For hood clearence reasons, etc, I used a fith harmonic, according to head flow, runner DIA, maximum torque RPM, etc.

hate to nitpick, but Mozilla Firefox is a much much nicer web browser program than IE, AOL, Netscape, or any other I have ever tried.. and it has a built in spell checker, that highlights anything you type in a field like this one if it is misspelled.. makes life easier, and Jon was right about appearance; even though most of us know and respect your intelligence, there are "the others" out there who may use it as a poor excuse not to utilize your services.

I'm just trying to point out the easy button.. I never spell check anything either, but Firefox does it for me, now. I wouldn't be so bold as to make the suggestion to someone here for themselves as a plain civilian, but you are doing this for a buck; it might help you out.

Nice work on the manifold, BTW.. it isnt my thing, but it is CERTAINLY impressive, and as you said it was the customer's dollar. any idea what kind of color scheme the owner is going to go for?

Yea I didndt do this for advertising, as I have my website, as well as a few other websites to do that. I do ALL of this work myself, and actually turn down ALOT of work. So for those that get turned away for some shitty spelling errors, good, didnt need them anyways. And as far as the engraving, i think its cool that I can engrave whatever someone wants on their personal part, that they spend hundreds on. Last i checked no one else was doing that. i hpe i ddnt splle anithang rong inn thsi censtance.

Owner is going for a powerdercoated Grey on this intake.

• Administrators

Bryan,

WOW! Looks nice. I like the LONG runners. Should be a strong runner for sure with lots of torque...

bgiorno.gif

Just a quick question, I noticed that your injector bosses are centered to the port itself. I know you are already well aware that OE injector notches in the head are not centered to the port itself, but centered on the intake valve. As such, are you aiming the injectors on a slant horizontally and slotting/notching the injector notch in the cylinder head and the intake gasket? Using a custom gasket? C’mon, you can share a couple of your little custom ideas/secrets with us…. wink.gif

Having “splayed” injectors sure would add some WOW factor when viewed from above.

InjbossCustom1.jpg

Gask1Medium.jpg