HybridZ

Kumho ecxta v700's on clearance!

For my fellow track rats, here are some smoking deals if the sizes work for you! (225/50/16 and 245/45/16 are included as well as 225/50/14 for any old school Z'rs with 14x7 ITS wheels still laying around)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Kumho&model=Ecsta+V700

(I have no affiliation with the tirerack, I'm just a customer about to order some tires myself and found these deals on their website)

Have you run them on the street? I just bought 16x8's RB's for my car and I'm going to trial fit some old 245/45's as soon as they get here to decide if I can fit them or if I have to go 225/50. Either way these tires are a very tempting option. I've run Toyo RA1's on the street and loved them. I've never known anyone running the V700's as a street tire though. So you give them your personal recomendation??

(You're car looks awesome with all that tire under it BTW!)

I have RA1's on the front and V700 ecsta's on the rear (MT DR's for the winter). They won't last quite as long as the ra1's as they have 6/32 tread comparred to 8/32, but they still last. I have quite a few AX's on them, tons of local miles and 2 trips from Az to Ca, about 900 mile each trip and there is still quite a bit of tread. Cop didn't even notice the depth last month when he pulled me over. I wouldn't run them on a car that get's driven daily 100+ miles a week but they are perfect for weekend Z's that would other wise dry rot a set of harder tires before wearing them out. If you are going for a fast tire I would get the V710 though. The V700, IMO is about the same as the ra1 as far as compound.

My Ecsta MX SUCK. They are the loudest tires that I have ever owned on a car. They are really close to as loud as my 35x12.50 BFG All-Terrain that I had on my truck.....I am miserable every time I drive my car....road noise, steering wheel vibration, ass vibration......my wife likes it when I drive slow that is the only thing

If you are only going to run them on the street do you absolutely have to shave and heat cycle them?

No. I wouldn't shave a dual purpose tire. It would just kill your mileage. If you are looking for that last tenth of a second then shaving would be a good idea, or just run them until the tread get down there. They will heat cycle the first time on the track.

Guest JeffForSale!
Have you run them on the street? I just bought 16x8's RB's for my car and I'm going to trial fit some old 245/45's as soon as they get here to decide if I can fit them or if I have to go 225/50. Either way these tires are a very tempting option. I've run Toyo RA1's on the street and loved them. I've never known anyone running the V700's as a street tire though. So you give them your personal recomendation??

(You're car looks awesome with all that tire under it BTW!)

the new Bridgestone RE01-R's are hitting times almost identical to the v700s, and they're street tires :o

No. I wouldn't shave a dual purpose tire. It would just kill your mileage. If you are looking for that last tenth of a second then shaving would be a good idea, or just run them until the tread get down there. They will heat cycle the first time on the track.

Are they good for straight line performance, or do they have to be heated up before they grip?

Are they good for straight line performance, or do they have to be heated up before they grip?

I ran a Nitto DR's before the V700. I think the V700 hooked up slightly better cold on a 3rd gear roll. I'm not a drag racer so I couldn't compare them on a hot tire launch to a Nitto DR. I do know they don't compare to a MT DR in straight line traction, if that is the only concern.

I ran Ecsta MXs on my modified vette without issues... They were as good as any other 220UTQG tire I've owned... But again, As Clifton pointed out, they're a STREET tire... I did manage to run a couple of track days on them and, although they were NOT hoosier slicks, they allowed me to still run down a ferrari 355 F1, several other corvettes, and a viper... Some of which were on slicks... :2thumbs:

Just tried to order some of the 265-35-18s without success... they're availability isn't updated on the prices/sizing page, which sux.

Mike

Just tried to order some of the 265-35-18s without success... they're availability isn't updated on the prices/sizing page, which sux.

Sorry Mike, it looks like maybe I ordered the last set of 265-35-18s yesterday, of course, they havent shipped yet, so I still might get an e-mail telling me they are unavailable, but I couldnt pass up $99 each :o

Tory

I raEcsta MXs on my modified vette without issues... They were as good as any other 220UTQG tire I've owned... But again, As Clifton pointed out, they're a STREET tire... I did manage to run a couple of track days on them and, although they were NOT hoosier slicks, they allowed me to still run down a ferrari 355 F1, several other corvettes, and a viper... Some of which were on slicks... :2thumbs:

Mike

I don't think these are street tires at all....they are STICKY. I've got a set on the V8Z and they amazed me at the level of grip they produce, and also at how quick they get sticky.