HybridZ

I need alittle more power, no budget concerns

just for grins, have you ever thought about swapping to a BBC ENGINE like the 620 cid, at the link below for 10K, you could probably cover a good deal of the cost selling your current sbc 406 and if you consider the added cost you would have incured refreshing the sbc it may be a bargin considering youll never have the power potential of the 620 cid displacement bbc

http://www.ohiocrank.com/enginekits.html,

I build a whole lot more BBC engines simply because much larger displacement an better heads DO make for noticably better power

• Administrators
Yawn.

Be a man... give it to me and build yerself a real motor :wink:

Ron,

You still have the SBC 400 itch? I’m sure Doc’s 406 would scratch that itch and help you deplete the worlds supply of tires.

The 406 has been running for 6 years now, made I don't know how many passes at the strip (Big stack of time slips). Last time out here it went 10.08 at 132mph.

Probably due for a tune up with the boring bar and a bigger stroke crank, what do you all think?

Doc,

Is the 406 up for grabs?

Maybe time to build a 427 SBC or add some form of unnatural aspiration? Grumpys 620 CID idea sounds fun..

Well, we do have the 509 13:1's, with Merlin 345cc heads available. We also have a 468 10:1 motor that has brodix BB2 heads laying around the shop doing nothing. 357 alky motor sitting there after it's little swimming trip in the ditch thanks to my buddy.

I was just thinking of boring and stroking the 357 to 434 and putting alky injection on it for SEZ or DNI or whatever it's called.

I pondered the blower, have one available set up for blown alky injection with an enderly bug catcher on it for a sbc.

I don't want to cut the purty newly painted hood so it's got to be under the hood, whatever it is.

Never played with the TT monte yet, so the timeframe probably isn't right for the turbo option.