HybridZ

Z432 Grill

Castor Troy

Thanks for the link, that was the fastest purchase I've made in a while =D

Same here.... I purchased one online soon as I read this yesterday. I completed the purchase online, and have not been informed that they are not avail yet.... so hopefully it will be processed and sent out to me asap. :burnout:

i too ordered one, but, not completely trusting a voiceless order system [recently] called to confirm. the parts guy [i think his name is russel] said they have none in stock and the system shows them to be unavailable. he said he'd try to place the order and if unsuccessful try through a canadian parts source. hmm...

fyi

I just got an email from Russell. He said they are NLA but is trying to get them from overseas. We shall see.

Joe

Russell is a good guy. Lisa was good too when she was there. They got me stuff that MSA and Courtesy said was NLA. Tell him I said hey.

Joe Sheelar

Actually, there was never any such thing as a Z432-specific grille.

Original part number 62300-E4101 covered the mesh grille fitted to the S30 'Fairlady Z-L', S30-S 'Fairlady Z' and PS30 'Fairlady Z432' models from November 1969 onwards.

From November 1971 onwards a mesh grille with part number 62300-E4601 was fitted to the above models, and to the just-released HS30 'Fairlady 240Z-L' and HS30-S 'Fairlady 240Z' models.

So the "Z432" grille was always the same as that on the other models ( fitted with L20A and L24 engines ) sold alongside it.

The grille that WAS unique to one model only was the 62300-E7200, which was fitted to the PS30-SB 'Fairlady Z432-R' - and which had a different gauge of mesh to the others.

Alan T

Actually, there was never any such thing as a Z432-specific grille.

Original part number 62300-E4101 covered the mesh grille fitted to the S30 'Fairlady Z-L', S30-S 'Fairlady Z' and PS30 'Fairlady Z432' models from November 1969 onwards.

From November 1971 onwards a mesh grille with part number 62300-E4601 was fitted to the above models, and to the just-released HS30 'Fairlady 240Z-L' and HS30-S 'Fairlady 240Z' models.

So the "Z432" grille was always the same as that on the other models ( fitted with L20A and L24 engines ) sold alongside it.

The grille that WAS unique to one model only was the 62300-E7200, which was fitted to the PS30-SB 'Fairlady Z432-R' - and which had a different gauge of mesh to the others.

Alan T

like there never was an BRE Spoiler .. however these are just the street names for them and it seem to work when you are looking for one ;)

From early 1973 onwards, L20A-engined models ( 'S30-S' and 'S30' ) got a new part number for the mesh grille: 62300-N3000, and L24-engined models ( 'HS30-S' and 'HS30' ) got 62300-N3300.

Then in mid-1975 a new part - numbered 62301-N3000 - was introduced, which was quoted to cover all S30-series Z models ( including the 'S31' and 'GS31' variants ) right through to the end of production.

I would imagine that many of the "432" mesh grilles being supplied today are in fact the 62301-N3000 universal-fit item or its equivalent.

Hopefully, the above data might assist people who are searching for one.

like there never was an BRE Spoiler .. however these are just the street names for them and it seem to work when you are looking for one

My philosophy is that - certainly when looking for parts - the more accurate and detailed information you have at hand the better.

Perhaps your philosophy is to look with one eye closed? In which case, feel free to completely ignore the above data :wink:

Alan T.

I just got an email from Russell. He said they are NLA but is trying to get them from overseas. We shall see.

Joe

Well, Russell just phoned me to say we are all SOL.... unless off course we want to pay MSA's price for one, as they are the only source he could locate.... :nono: