HybridZ

singleturbo carbed 320hp l28, looks easy please look!

hondabait

I found this pic of a 320hp l6(l28???) single turbo carb setup. It looks sooo simple and cheap, and 320hp in my car doesn't sound bad. look at the pic and tell me if you know where i can find the specs on this motor. http://www.z31.com/~morgan/nd/?z it's the second to the bottom link. (edit) or like any info on motor setups just like this one would be very helpful to me. thanks

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully 9 of the photos on that linked page are mine, taken and published by me and not a single credit given...

Every time that site shows up, it still irks me. Common courtesy would be to show sourcing of the photos at least. Or say the photos were all stolen...something is better than nothing.

As for the single carb 320HP setup, they show up on E-Bay from time to time. If done properly, they have drivability better than the N/A 4 Bbl Conversions. And with modern turbochargers applied instead of the original A/R's and Trims, they can perform even better than you think!

Fully 9 of the photos on that linked page are mine, taken and published by me and not a single credit given...

Every time that site shows up, it still irks me. Common courtesy would be to show sourcing of the photos at least. Or say the photos were all stolen...something is better than nothing.

As for the single carb 320HP setup, they show up on E-Bay from time to time. If done properly, they have drivability better than the N/A 4 Bbl Conversions. And with modern turbochargers applied instead of the original A/R's and Trims, they can perform even better than you think!

watermarking right in the middle of the photo is even better. that'll get you credit. :D

does anyone make a simular kit or have the parts list??? 7mgte I can get one without the turbo is that easy to swap into a 260(just curious)?

7mgte is not an easy swap. On the chance of sounding rude, which I'm not but it's hard not to sometimes on the net. If you have to ask for a parts list it might be beyond your ability right now. Sizing the turbo is easy, scrounging what is needed to do a carbed turbo setup is pretty easy too. You could have all the parts for a blow through set up in a day. Suck through might take a little longer and require a custom manifold .

allot of things are beyond my ability but that doesn't stop me from falling on my face.....errr...suceeding!!! no but really do you know where I could get a complete blowthrough kit at??? thanks

Full kit, I don't know. You could use a stock ex man, stock turbo and oil lines, AZC or other 4bbl intake, your choice of carb, I would use a Holley and then find a pressure bonnet. I know twm made them for Webers. I'm sure a 4bbl one would be even easier to find.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I liked the idea of a turbo'ed carby 4 barrel setup but the cost of a suitably prep'ed Holley for blow through made me think of a fuel injected throttle body instead.

This is what I have gathered so far, I think you guys can see where I'm headed? :mparty:

BTW, this engine will eventually ride in something that looks like this. (see attached picy). :cool:

100_03445_thumb.jpg

Turbo L28 004_thumb.jpg

Turbo L28 006_thumb.jpg