HybridZ

Interesting Items

chris556452

I was waiting for this thread haha...

Ok well to start off I had my Z donated to me by a family friend. It sat in a garage for 15 years under a cover with a bad fuel pump. I then had it towed over to my place and started going at it. I cleaned out the interior, took out the mats pocket change you know the usual...Well what I found behind the seat was a little wierd...hmm a bag?? I lift it....a heavy bag....shake shake....ching ching.... coins??? I open up the bag to find around 30-40 old coins....Interesting. I didnt think much of it and took them inside to look at them. Most of them were a variety of coins from the mid to late 1800's which I thought were pretty cool but ofcourse they need to go back to the original owner. So I gave them back to him and he had totally forgotten they were in there! He had a good laugh about it and I thanked him for the car again. Later I had been thinking about it and decided to go online to see how much they were worth.. So I went on ebay and started searching from what I remember was in the bag. First coin....eh 20 bucks....Second coin....60 bucks hmmm cool cool third coin.....around $250 bucks...Fourth coin around $450 bucks...I had forgotten the different types from there but just think....there were 30-40 of these coins...can you say treasure??:shock:

well, it wasn't in my z (I haven't found anything interesting yet)

But in my 62 vw ragtop, i found MANY bullet casing, from what looked like a 9mm pistol of some sort. no complete bullets, but lots of shells (at least 10 of them) they were hidden in the seat's sliding rails, and had been there for many years (nice and green on some bits) quite interesting to know that your car has bullet shells, when the p/o (me and my dad's friend) didn't own a single gun and has never in his life.

makes me wonder who used to own it o_O

i'm sure i'll find something in my z. the only thing i've found that was interesting so far is a bottle of brake fluid sitting next to the master cylinders for no reason, other than, it fits rather nicely and doesn't move around when you drive it! OH i know what's interesting. my spare tire!! it's just as heavy as a normal one, but, the treads are totally flat, and it looks like it was compressed. the p/o said it uses some sort of charger to fill it up to maximum capacity, and it's actually the size of a normal tire. I've never seen anything like that before o_O

I found a fully loaded .25 auto in a wrecked 280 I bought for parts.

MIke

Seriously? Cool...

I found a syringe under the floor mat of one of the former Z cars. The latest one had outdoor speakers in the back that I installed in the garage.

Davy

Not in the Z, and not even in a car that I owned, but in a '68 Coronet in a junkyard, tucked into the headliner behind the trim, a 1" round pin-on button that said, 'Ask me about the Daytona 500' in red letters over white. Judging from how faded it was and the style of the pin on the back (extended past the body of the button with no safety catch), my guess was that it dated back to almost as old as the car itself. ...if only objects could talk.

Thought I would make my first post in this thread. I am a long time lurker here and recently bought a parts car for spares for my ITS 240. Here is the story, with photos of my recent find.

I couldn’t believe my luck when I found a nearly complete 240 sitting in the junk yard with virtually no rust in the body. I had found a usable parts car for my fledgling racing efforts and this car was going to help my spares list quite a bit. This car had undergone a partial restoration many years ago. The side marker lights have been shaved and most of the car displayed only surface rust after being sanded and placed in primer. The car has no interior to speak of but does have air-conditioning.

The engine is complete save for missing a valve/cam cover. The car appears to have not been wrecked as I could not find any evidence of body work save for the unfinished restoration.

As I continued to look over this car I couldn’t figure out why it was in a junk yard. The body was in amazingly good shape for a 35 year old car and the drive train was complete. It was then I discovered the reason for the incomplete restoration. As I was removing the Cadillac and Buick grill components that had been stored inside of the 240 my eye caught glimpse of something purple in the favorite hidden compartment of Z cars. Some of you may remember the two small storage compartments in the rear deck of the 240’s that was completely hidden by the carpet.

I moved the trash aside and I found a 70’s era purple and blue speckled, hand glazed, very well made Bong. Tommy Chong would love to have this highly collectible memorabilia from the Woodstock era. Of course, he and many other “tuned in†smokers of the time may not remember much of that era and may have actually owned this pipe themselves.

I now knew why the restoration was only partial. The attention span of the previous owner was obviously so short from the years of “hitting the pipe†that he just couldn’t complete the body work. It also explained the numerous candy and potato chip bags that were scattered throughout the car as well as the old rectangular “Coke†cases that were used to hold 24 bottles of Coca-Cola.

Bong_thumb.JPG