HybridZ

45,000.00 240Z on eBay

First of all, the interior looks like ♥♥♥♥. that box is hideous. Like everyone said, those rims are cheap too.

this just proves that even with some nice parts, if the quality of the work is no good, and the car has no vision, its gona come out looking like ♥♥♥♥.

but good luck to him anyway. Maybe he will find a sucker to buy it.

Makes me wonder what mine is worth thou...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

except that car has a 700hp supercharged, nitrous injected v-8

and has PROOF of the show's that it's won haha

even with the weird square headlights and taillights, i kinda like it.

I usually don't like the 2+2's, but I think that whale tail is what makes me like it.

i agree. i dont know why, but i love the mid '70s to early '80s custom styling. my favorite example is the 69 stingray in corvette summer. that car was badazzz

that guy must crap gold nuggets...this guy must not realize that you dont get all your money back out of your restoration...plus he said it should be part of a collection...sounds like a sales pitch to me...a true collector would go for an unmolested s30...have fun getting rid of that for 45k....

i think its kinda funny, some people's mentality about how to build cars. he spent how much for the paint job, but couldn't fork over the extra $300 for some GC coilovers, instead he just cut his junk aftermarket springs...lmao

I think the only 240Z that migh sell for that much would be the Nissan race car from back in the day. maybe the Safari 240Z too...not sure on the specifics of that tho...

I wonder if he will lower the price after the auction ends? He has had 3 offers that he has declined. If he really wants or needs to sell the car, he is not even going to get close. He could be just showing the world "The most amazing 240Z".

Here are the questions to the seller... good for a few laughs

Q: Kenneth W. Dantley, Jr. would be proud.

Oct-08-07A: thanks

Q: Awesome car man. I had a question for you about the engine. I was going with the l28 turbo engine but i've ran into issues so what all would i need to go carburated with the turbo engine like the setup you have?? thanks

Oct-06-07A: I am not positive of the crossover you would need. I went with Triple carbs because the car came originally with dual carbs and I was trying to stay within the same concept. Having said that I am very pleased with the performance but you really need to find an expert at triple carbs. The car who built most of the car did not do a good job on this one aspect, but once I found the right guy the car ran amazing. I also like the acceleration and lack of lag with carbs vs injection, plus triple carbs look cool.

Q: Hello My name is Sjur and i`m restoring a 240z in Norway. I was wondering what the name of the colour is. Do you have a paint code or a name?? This was a very nice car and i liked your colour. From Sjur

Oct-05-07A: the brand is PPG and their Candy series. The color is one of kind custom blended. I get a lot of great feedback because it looks different than some of the stock candy color cars. I would recommend you don't go custom because it makes it that harder to match. No matter what you do Candy colors are extremely difficult to paint and match (I use to paint cars for a living), so find an expert with lots of experience. Some newer cars use a multi-stage urethanes that tries to imitate Candy but the depth and gloss from Candy is superior, especially in sunlight.

Q: It looks like the front airdam isn't correctly lined up with the fenders, is this just a mounting issue? What kind of headlights are those? Thanks.

Oct-04-07A: airdam lines up great very pleased. The headlights are the MSA aftermarket for brightness, the center light has that diamond pattern.

Q: Great work but the wheels have to go and get nice deep dish 0 offset. love the paint and level of attention. This car is semi riced out sorry. What you did to this z is like anyone else doing what they want with a v8. Just you added other items of distraction.

Oct-04-07A: yeah, I know certinly not OEM...but I like it and the buzz I get from others makes me happyQ: Beautiful car!!! Is that the urethane or fiberglass spoiler on the front?

Oct-04-07A: Urethane, it has held up very well. I scraped the paint on it going up a driveway so it had to be re-painted (bummer) but it might have cracked if it was fiberglass

Q: It looks like the right fender and gas door are different colors? Is this a stock ZX engine with Webers? Thanks

Oct-03-07A: Their is a shadow difference in color between the fender and gas door that you can see in certain light. Candy Color very difficult to match perfectly and I had them re-done due to some paint imperfections. The ZX is just the block everything inside was re-done with updated parts. I have detailed list of every receipt for serious buyers. I hope this answers your questions, all the best.

This might be a crazy question but.. Would a swapped Z ever sell for $45k? Along the lines of a built SB or LS with F/I amongst other goodies?

closest z ive seen went for 35,000 quite some time ago. Had a sbc. was pretty clean too. also had a 9" rear end i think.

except that car has a 700hp supercharged, nitrous injected v-8

and has PROOF of the show's that it's won haha

even with the weird square headlights and taillights, i kinda like it.

I usually don't like the 2+2's, but I think that whale tail is what makes me like it.

It's not much of a z anymore... I say ugh, but then I don't like the standard 260 either.