HybridZ

+ VIDEO + of how to convert a hydaulic lifter P90A to solid lifters

big-phil

I still can't find where I bought these adapters at? Sorry guys I'll check my credit card statement its on there. Also my wipe pattern is falling off the back side so I need to get "BIGGER???" lash pads right? I tried 175's. TimZ told me to get some 230's but I'm having LOTS of trouble finding them that big, Isky doesn't even have them? SO I'll try 200's and then check the wipe. I'll probably get new guides and seals, and port this p90a sense I'll be waiting on lash pads...........................Thanks to my little helpers, my daughter is with me, her friend from across the street is filming.

Good vid Phil Smith...I mean Isky Bob

Hold away from your face! Gotta love the tailgate of the truck for a workbench.

I did not realize those adapter sleeves were available for the solid lifters.

Yasin

Thats why I didn't edit the video. I didn't know if her Friend from across the street could really film?? lol

Sleeves are made by Timesert. I can't remember the part number but do a search for them in HybridZ and you will get a part number. They are cheap. I have a set in anticipation of a future conversion.

YES thats it. I found them through HybridZ of course. I'm kinda unsure on how they will handle the power I'm going to give them thats why my plan is to port and use the p90 thats on my car now.

i did that same upgrade a few months ago with my P90A and the only thing i was concerned with was the slight edge of the oiling hole exposed on some of the lifters. so i let a little JB weld drip down in there(just a few drops but not enough to go far enough to plug the oil galley, and then reinserted the solid lifters and timeserts. dunno if i'm going with stock cam or not but i know the P90a cam has a different lift and slope patern or something (don't know a lot about cams but there is something different) compared to the solid lifter P90 cam.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know the Time-sert part # for converting to solid lifters on a P90A head. I know the solid lifter outside diameter is an M18 x 1.5mm threads what is the outer diameter of the hydraulic lifter M20 x 1.5 mm? I got a part # of 18175 from a distributor for time-sert. Don't know if thats the right treads.

Ask steveosupremeo, he helped me do mine and knows the part # (atleast he knew it when I did mine). I called up Timeserts, $27 and a day later (they have a distributor here in the DFW area) I had them!

First thing is first though! If you have old solid lifters like I do, the lock nut is on there REALLY tight, break them loose first. Save yourself from that problem because if you don't break them loose and you torque the lifter in, they'll probably loosen the entire lifter from the head and you have to go do it over again...

-Take them ALL apart and clean them of any old yucky stuff.

-Assemble them and screw the adjuster head thing all the way down.

-Screw the timesert onto the lifter WITHOUT lock tight, make sure they are screwed ALL the way onto the lifter so the lifter doesn't turn when you torque them down.

-WITH lock tight (I used red but I think the red is a bit much for this), go around the outside threads of the timesert, screw into head and torque to 30lb.

Not to gun him down but Steveosupremeo said he filled in the oil holes, I don't think this is necesarry if your essentially corking up the hole anyways. Also when you apply your locktight, make sure its at the top of the threads and use just a drop. You don't want the locktight to dribble down into that oil hole and clog up the oil galley or something!

LOL @ your daughter.

*pokes head in* "IM HIS DAUGHTER!"

btw, for installing keepers, gravity works to your advantage if you don't wanna lose them on the floor from falling out sideways!

and i really hate to point this out, because I'm sure you've done this more times than I have... but don't be swingin' that spring compressor near your face or in the direction of the camera or your assistant. point it to a block of wood or something. I took the middle spring of the double-coil VG30ET heads to my palm and it hurt like a summunnabitch. would'nt want to walk around at work with a coil spring stamping on your face, do you? LOL.