HybridZ

Who Daily Drives their s30

So back to the subject at hand..... My 70 is your basic everyday grocery getter, package deliverer, taxi and what ever else you do in a daily driver. I just added the Griffen Radiator 3 weeks ago and the triples a few months ago.

I really wanted to shout out a big THANK YOU to ViperredLS1Z for the heads up on the radiator. It's one of my favorite add ons thus far..

Dave.

all_done_p_side_view.JPG

new_velocity_stacks_all_6.JPG

new_radiator_front_left_view.JPG

new_radiator_right_view.JPG

What is the part number on that radiator? and how much was it?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DD my '71 as long as it's not broken.

Couple nights ago, I had something go bad in the float bowl of the rear SU. Serious overflowage!

I guess that just moved the ztherapy rebuild kit up on the priorities list. Back in my Civic hatch for a day or two, and I'm seriously motivated to get the z fixed. Economy sucks.

On another note, I love having off-roader friends with trailers I can borrow!

I DD my '73 s30 with a '57 283. It definitely needs a wiring cleanup and the interior (everything, basically) looks like hell. It's also louder than sin with the dual side-dump exhaust, but I'm okay with that.

The only big issue I have right now (now that the alternator works) is that gravity is the only thing holding the gas tank in, and the cap vents into the passenger cab. Once I fix those, driving will be much more pleasant. Regardless, this (and the BART) is what gets me to work every day.

I use to DD my 75 280Z ran the L28ET....Now it sits at home cause i blew the motor...Sad times.....but I'll be doing a RB25DET NEO swap somtime this month hopefully...looking forward to getting it back on the road...Until than i take the City Limo (BUS) lol

i DD a 1987 integra right now, and i hate it.

I just got my 240z a little bit ago am constantly trying to get it in DD condition.

I think it really just matters on what kind of person you are.

Cruise control and all those other features are nice, never once used cruise control in my life, but in my opinion a car needs to be a car.

i don't see my integra as a car but more like a temp P.O.S.

When i can DD my Z i will never drive my integra again.

love your car because its a car, not a grocery shopping machine.

but thats just me.

As of 11:00 a.m. this morning I can FINALLY drive my 75 280z coupe. It now has insurance, and plates on it so I am really happy, and it is so much fun to drive this little car. I bought it last year on may 11, and this is the first time EVER thatr I can drive it, all the passing cars look and smile as i drive by. next monday i am going to go to a cruise night right by my house. No heat or ac either, i really could use the ac today its 83, and with a hole the size of a baseball in the floor to let all exhaust heat on my legs yay. but its worth it well worth it.

I'd forgotten about this thread.

I daily drive my 75' L28ET 280Z. I think it's getting about 16mpg but I don't care. No AC. I dont' care. No heat. I don't care.

What are sweaters and jackets for if not for driving cool cars? What are windows for if not to roll them down?

I might switch to daily driving a 80' 280ZX, but only so I can do some repairs to my 75' and get megasquirt running on it.

Other than a 5 week stint in paint jail and a 14 month stint in engine penitentiary mine has been a daily driver since I got in in March 1992. I do relegate it to the garage during the winter months here in Washington as the deicing fluid they use on the roads is so unbelievable corrosive it wouldn't make it through another year if I exposed it. Two winters here completely destroyed the chrome wheels on my Z32.

Guest Two-72Z

Drive my 72 an average of 200 miles per day. Keep the triple Webers tuned and perform routine maintenance to keep it happy. The smell is a small price to pay for the enjoyment of driving a Z. I am 54 now and I hope to be driving it at 80.

Happy to report I returned safely on the weekend from another 1,600 mile trip from Bakersfield to Calgary. That makes 5 trips in the past year, only breakdowns were a failed oil pressure sending unit and a blown heater core, neither of which caused much trouble. Installing a vintage Air system this weekend so I can return to Cali in late May without cooking inside the tin can. While in Cali ktm and I will be installing a Wolf V500 EMS. Man, it's gonna be a good summer in the Zed!!

Calgary280ZT, I live in Bako town, I should have noticed this thread earlier to meet you in person. I am looking for a 1970-72 Z now to make it a daily driver. Which Vintage Air system did you get installed? Part number? How did it fit? If this is off topic, can you PM on this one?

Thanks!

I have had my licence 8 months and driven my 11/1971 basically everyday accept when I break something... It has been extremely reliable... I am on my second motor and third tranny and second diffential switched to r200 for performance and when my stock clutch went out upgraded to a Stage 2 centerforce with lightweigth flywheel. The car has been reliable if it weren't for dumb teenage decisions it would have always been DD... But I am fixing a 280 to make my DD (can't get the damn thing to pass emissions...) so I can rebuild my 240 from ground up... I am getting 20ish mile to the gallon with L28 and dual su carbs...

It has been extremely reliable... I am on my second motor and third tranny and second diffential switched to r200 for performance and when my stock clutch went out

I cracked up when I read that. Must be love. How else can you still say a car is extremely reliable when the following has happened.

- second motor (maybe for performance, i'll give you that)

- third tranny (that has to be cause something broke)

- second diff

- stock clutch went out

LOL, glad your enjoying it.