HybridZ

Who Daily Drives their s30

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wanna bet?!:)

Ditto...

I drove around for months with duct tape in several areas that I didn't even put there. When I get my car back on the road again it won't have a dash really. My shocks are on the verge of being completely blown, and my tires couldn't make a go-kart handle. I used to have a completely rust covered hood with a gaping hole in it.

In many ways it was amazing. In many ways people thought I was crazy. In many ways my girlfriend wanted to shoot me.

I want to Daily Drive my Z when I get her up and running, but that is going to be for a while yet.

In the meantime, I have to get my '90 Camry Wagon fixed up, and when thats done, sell it off and buy a Celsior for something to just cruise around in, saw one going for about 7000 AUD, decked out, looks clean.

I daily drive my '73, and sometimes I wish that was not the case. Every day there is a new creak or moan, the gas fumes overpower anyone who gets in the car (which is pretty fun) and it has THE harshest ride I have ever encountered. I live in Baltimore, which has roads almost as awful as the local drivers.

I keep toying with the idea of moving on...but for some reason I can't pull the trigger. That, and a DeLorean is THE worst daily driver I can think of. I did it for a month, and I should have been shot for it.

3380918904_870517c9c7_o_thumb.jpg

i have been DD'ing mine for the past 2.5 years. its the most reliable DD i have ever had! besides your usual tune ups and basic maintainence, only things i've had to replace on this car was a couple grounds and alternator. it also starts everytime without a problem, my first two cars were not like that at all haha. the 10mpg does suck though :(

i have been DD'ing mine for the past 2.5 years. its the most reliable DD i have ever had! besides your usual tune ups and basic maintainence, only things i've had to replace on this car was a couple grounds and alternator. it also starts everytime without a problem, my first two cars were not like that at all haha. the 10mpg does suck though :(

What engine do you have that you're only getting 10mpg?

haha same L28 that was installed 32 years ago in the factory. i havent replaced the O2 sensor yet so thats probably why.

Um, yeah, if you have a 77 with the origional L28, it doesn't have an O2 sensor. My excuse for only getting 11-12.5mpg in my '77 is the turbo conversion done to it in '86, and 4.11:1 gears. It uses the origional computer and has band aids on it to richen it up. When I bought the car it got 9mpg, so I've made a little progress, but I really need to just go megasquirt. A rising rate fpr will help too....

What he said...

I've got a good 200+hp, maybe even over 200 at the wheels and I'm mad I can't get 20mpg right now....

10 mpg in a L28 at anything except a race only setup would make me think it REALLY needs some attention.

my wife and i both daily drie our z's

DSC04161.jpg

Man that stripe is really cool!

It made me think of this:

fm3026_05.jpg

That is a V4M code side stripe, similar to the AAR 'Cuda Stripes from the same year.

I am assuming those are Fairlady flares. Where can I get fender flares like that for the Zed?

KFD

I drive my 72 240zxt daily to school so its manually limited to 10psi. interesting commute. since the car is naturally so loud, every kid in a car mashes it when they see me lol. i've stopped following suit a while back. now i only do so if its a car that will probably beat me.

Where in the Bay Area are you?

• 2 weeks later...

I had gone down there in the red one, but only once. It was quite an interesting ride (the suspension in that car was very special. I don't have it any more, now I've got my black one and it's coming along very very slowly. This is a pretty great time to own a Z, lots of fun meets coming up in the near future :)