HybridZ

Recommendations For A Clutch?

slownrusty

Guys - I would like to order a clutch for my 400hp L30ET and what are your personal recommendations?

I did a quick search and it seems like many of you favor Clutch Specialties, should I just go this route?

This is for a street car and so I am looking for driveability without a leg press workout :)

Many Thanks!

Yasin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/81-89-300ZX-280ZX-XTD-RACING-CLUTCH-KIT_W0QQitemZ190174926323QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Am I the only one running this clutch?

I like it a lot. A had it behind a 300hp l28et and did a lot of hard launching. It never sliped. The pedal is light and for that price of $130 it is worth a try.

300zx_set_thumb.jpg

a heavy pedal doesn't bother me after the car i last owned, what i'd like to know is how it grabs, is it all on or can it be slipped a little so it's a little more easier during traffic and those sort of situations. In the end i dont think it'd matter much but it would be nice to find a clutch that isn't all on as soon as it grabs.

I am using an ACT street disk and their heavy duty pressure plate. The pedal is heavy but I like the engagement. When pulling away from a stop there really is no slipping of the clutch. Once you get used to it, though, you'll like the driveability of it.

While a street disk may not be applicable for your horsepower, I do like their products.

It's the torque that is the limit on the clutch. You will either need a stiff PP and a marceled stock type disk for stock like engagement or a 6 puck and a stock disk for a soft pedal but harsh, quick engagement. I would run the PP that 1 Fast Z is running. Act is good but pricey. I would stay away from Clutch Specialties. I had good luck with them along time ago but last year I had to get the credit card company to refund me. Ended up using a Clutchnet puck disk.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/81-89-300ZX-280ZX-XTD-RACING-CLUTCH-KIT_W0QQitemZ190174926323QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Am I the only one running this clutch?

I like it a lot. A had it behind a 300hp l28et and did a lot of hard launching. It never sliped. The pedal is light and for that price of $130 it is worth a try.

I'm running one too. It's pretty good, easy to launch, aggressively or not, but certainly not the best.

Mario

KTM, I just installed an ACT Street clutch and HD pressure plate and found that it engages almost right off the floor, not much room for slipping. I was considering trying to adjust the pedal, but it sounds like yours is set up the same way. It does engage nice so far though, just takes a little while to get used to.